• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Blueadventures

Skyranger Nynja soon as a 600 kg MTOW variant

'Flylight' in UK the makers of Skyranger aircraft have advised that they are pretty much there with a 600kg Nynja variant, and BMAA have been ticking off the structural test reports. We are just working on a change to the main landing gear ( composite legs this time - from same supplier Eurostar use.)

We are just starting supplying kits with the 600 kg mods - updated landing gear to follow.

This will make available a great aircraft with better load capability. This is excellent news for this aircraft line.

I will plan to mod mine up before over the next wet season.

Cheers

• Like 7
  • Informative 1

Mike: That's really exciting news! I would be interested to know what you have to change to get the uprated MTOW.

Mike: That's really exciting news! I would be interested to know what you have to change to get the uprated MTOW.

Info so far. Should have a package set later in the year I expect. Of their forum - We are pretty much there with a 600kg Nynja variant, and BMAA have been ticking off the structural test reports. We are just working on a change to the main landing gear ( composite legs this time - from same supplier Eurostar use.) We are just starting supplying kits with the 600kg mods - updated landing gear to follow. We have beefed up the front connection plate from front lift strut to leading edge to 3mm and increased the diameter of the anti drag bracing wire in the wing. And there is an inner sleeve tube slid inside the front lift strut. I look forward to reading their Pilot notes etc when available.

Cheers

• Informative 1

Good to see the increase.

To be competitive these days, an RAA regoed aircraft really needs to be 600kg to have widespread appeal.

One of my "must haves" was 600kg along with 100 litres minimum fuel which are linked.

It maybe ok in other smaller countries to have less weight/fuel but Australia is bloody big!

Good to see the increase.

To be competitive these days, an RAA regoed aircraft really needs to be 600kg to have widespread appeal.

One of my "must haves" was 600kg along with 100 litres minimum fuel which are linked.

It maybe ok in other smaller countries to have less weight/fuel but Australia is bloody big!

Agree. Mine carries 110 lts. 52 in each wing tank and a 6 lts collector tank. Cheers.

Posted (edited)

I am really happy for all the Nynja owners out there that the 600 kg upgrade is retrofitable.

I wonder how much of a weight increase there will be in the airframe?

Edited by Guest

Nice, 600 KG and wing tanks ticks the must haves for me, now if only I had the $$...