• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
skippydiesel

BFR Option

Just a bit overdue for my BFR - received a reminder in my RAA membership notice. All "good" have already contacted my local CFI and made a weather dependent booking however following statement from RAA has grabbed my attention;

• "Alternatively, if you completed a flight review in a single engine aircraft under 1500 kg, you may supply a copy of your logbook entry to our office for recognition."

I dont recall having this as an alternative to doing a traditional BFR - would be interested in Forum comments on this option.

You can use a GA BFR for RAAus reg. aircraft. That is what I do, plus you can do training in some things in GA and it counts as a BFR for both GA and RAAus.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Oh! so without actually saying it, it is referring to GA as the alternative BFR - same review different provider. Thanks Yenn

GA flight reviews require a form to CASA and written on the licence these days rather than a log book entry. It is not the training that counts as the flight review but the grant of specific endorsements etc - again a form to CASA and written on the licence. i.e. one needs a CASA licence - easy enough for anyone with an RPC to fill in the form to CASA and be given an RPL then go for it.

• Like 1

I too will be doing my BFR in a VH a/c in September, never had that warm & fuzzy feeling having to fly over tiger country around Cooly, yes I know it’s now Gold Coast these days ? & Coffs, when the transit lane or coastal option was so close yet legally not possible to use.:plane: