• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
APenNameAndThatA

Fatal Accident Rate of Angel Flights Seven Times Higher than Other Private Flights

You need some rules firmly applied, in most situations, but they need to be related to actual happenings in the real world. Booking someone a few Kms over makes you drive watching the speedo rather than the traffic around you. Inattention to the road situation is one major cause of accidents.

For many years I reckon CASA have suffered from having people who aren't sufficiently experienced and in touch with what's actually going on out there at the pointy end, across all of aviation in charge . Some ex airline managerial type generally has no love or tolerence for  basic GA flying or simple homebuilds etc and has been flying an office (where he's like GOD,) for years.. Now it's Lawyer heavy and everything is legalese..  and we suffer the consequences.

Input is (in theory) sought but I see little evidence of it being acted upon. CASA are the only "organisation" capable of carrying the liability the regulating requires and I can't see how they can successfully delegate their way out of it. Nev