• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
onetrack

Aussie bogans home-built drone carrying a person - who goes fishing from it!

I don't think Colin Furze is anyone to model your flying machine design aspirations on - this is the bloke who builds home-made jet engines, fixes them to bicycles, gophers, and go karts, and does speeds with them that would make the average world land speed record holder blanch.

All done on the finest plumbing principles, and carried out at the lowest cost possible, using as many secondhand components as are readily available.

He's not far off equalling the illiterate black African aviators that utilise secondhand car wrecks for materials to try and get airborne - and I'm quite sure Furze has a death wish, and he'll be lucky to see the age of 50. :no:

"When you put a person in it it’s ceased to be a drone in my opinion. "

No !.

Greatest lift is Without a pilot, To grab an injured person from a precarious position, (base of cliff/ top of Mt Everest or in the sea). requires risking a pilots life.

To save another. 

To make the rescue without the risk to a (expensively trained) pilot, the Drone fits that bill to a T.

Don't let the Bureaucrats ruin a promising tool.

spacesailor

23 hours ago, onetrack said:

I don't think Colin Furze is anyone to model your flying machine design aspirations on.

He's not far off equalling the illiterate black African aviators that utilise secondhand car wrecks for materials to try and get airborne - and I'm quite sure Furze has a death wish, and he'll be lucky to see the age of 50. :no:

There are a few differences. He is very entertaining and knowledgeable  and nearly all his builds do work.😍

• Like 1