November 2006

Admin

OK the competition to win the next three editions of Australian Flying magazine for absolutly FREE has opened for November so start posting any of your pictures or stories in this thread - got to be in it to win it so GOOD LUCK! :).

There has been a slow down of pictures for the competition so unless we can start getting some more entries we may have to only make it quarterly - we don't want to have to do that, or do we?

Oh, also don't forget a Caption for your image and just say if you also have another copy of the image that is:

*jpg format

*at least 300 dpi (dots per inch) at a useable size (say 6" x 4" or around 16 x 10 cms)

*and if to be considered as a cover pic - in vertical format

*aircraft/s identified in caption

*So if you win your picture could go into Australian Flying.

Get those pictures in now and show us all what you've got!!!

While this may look a little odd for an ultralight, it was CAVOK out the left side. We were flying home from Merimbula to Canberra viaMoyrua and the onshore winds down low with higher offshore winds were trapping this cloud against the range under us. Very spectacular.

20061111_222955_VFROnTop.jpg.4cd3fb23d22b7d18a5848289365725b6.jpg

Guest Fred Bear

I had a similar one Matt a while ago (don't know if I posted it or not). Emma took this one on a flight with Gary Morgan in his Cheetah a few months back.

pics073zz0.jpg.0478375b94d944582293667797ae043c.jpg

This is a fantastic comp spurs you on to seek out that perfict picture, keep um coming I thank they are fantastic.

Don keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif:;)7: lov um lov um lov um

Guest David C

Chris .... It's Amsterdam Schiphol . I took the photo a few weeks ago while waiting for my flight to Birmingham . There is a great outdoor observation deck and undercover seating too , which was of value very shortly after taking that picture !! .

Dave.

Guest David C

I photographed this one in the UK , at Wolverhampton Business Airport , a few weeks ago . It is an Icarus C42 . It is registered as a GA example although it can also be registered as a microlight in the UK under the BMAA . It is powered by a 912S , and has a fly away price of about 42,000 GBP , about A$ 105,000 . It is built in Germany , and they are very popular in Europe . Another type to grace our future skies ?

2006_1022Oaks0323.jpg.a46dfeeaf65d7a4fe409bd2044427db1.jpg

Folks,

This was one of my first photo's of landing my new trike over a year ago. This was a landing at Starke Airfield in NQ named after the late Bill Starke. This was taken at sunset in early Spring.

20061125_115623_Landing_at_Wood.jpg.b39ea4b36eb40ccedbc7818f8016150c.jpg

Guest Fred Bear

Yes Ben indeed it has. Just realised it was not the Edge. He does an awesome display though when he is in that Edge!! :) :big_grin:

Pip Bormann in the first??

The first photo of the batch in question is actually an EXTRA 300SHP redesigned for Michael Goulian who was flying the Castrol colours.

Pip Bormann did actually turn up on Saturday (I think) in his early EDGE 540 (Note the tail bracing wires)

The EDGE 540's flown by many of the RedBull pilots are a later model with canterlever tails.

I don't know if Pip put on a display or not?

Arthur.