• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Admin

Upsetting statistic

Ok, as a site stakeholder i.e. YOU, do you want me to:

1. Pay for another year of the IPS license ($400) OR use the Xenforo license which is already paid up?

2. Migrate Whats Up Australia into Recreational Flying OR leave it separate?

3. Run a donation campaign OR find someone who will get sponsors for advertising on the site to pay for Facebook and Google advertising?

Come on...what say you??????????????????????????

I like it as it is Ian and i,m no computer wiz so if it ain,t broke don,t fix it eh. Cheers Mick

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1. Use the xenforo licence. No cost but not as many features. The extra features were hardly used anyway.
  2. Migrate Whats Up into this site.
  3. Run a donation campaign.
  • Like 1

A small optional annual subscription shouldn't hurt most budgets, and might provide planning stability for the site owner.

Ozrunways seems to be thriving on subscriptions, which surprises me given the limited size of the local market which they share with significant competition. 

Meanwhile, RecFlying has a global reach, with greater potential membership.

I'd be interested in a survey of users to see which features attracted them to the site and what could enlarge clientel. 

Forgive me if this sounds selfish, but the thought of changing horses again midstream raises the prospect of loosing the view counts again like the first 800 or so on the first few aircraft in the showcase on Xenforo. I'd like to pay the license fee myself, but as I often have difficulty paying for my medications, that unfortunately is not possible.

I could manually add the view count totals if it is the wish of users to go down that path