Mitchell U2 flying wing

Guest sportsman

Guest pecram air

I think i saw one of these in hangar at Mudgee run by the Mudgee Recreational Flyers. And it was for sale. That was a few years ago now.

Hi, Kevin, I am restoring a B10 Mitchell flying Wing . Mine has a KFM 27 HP engine I have not flown it yet as it was in need of repairs before it could be safely flown. no dought it willprove to be interesting. RegardsSteve.

Guest sportsman

Yes that is the animal in question .

HMMMMMMMMMMM Mudgee hey ?

You will have to keep me posted on your progress on the B10 .

ANY MORE INFO ? sportsman

Go back thru the past issues of pacific flyer, one was advertised in the hunter valley area. withtin the last 12 months me thinks.

another angle in colour

20061120_093602_U2_small.jpg.5104aae80874d48a28cb30462c77d820.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Maj Millard

The B 10 was the wood wing version of the A 10, which came out later with the all metal wing. I believe they also had a two seat version of the A 10. I have seen both B10 and A10 fly in California, and I flew for several years with a friend who had an A 10. They were either powered with the small Konig 4 cyl radial, or a Rotax single cyl 277. They flew fine, and didn't need much power. The main problem with them if any, was floating on landing. They just wanted to float along in ground effect, then they would drop on and ding the prop. There wasn't much prop clearance, and keeping props in good shape was a constant chore. Probabily better to shut it off on long final, park the prop horizontal, and dead stick or glide land them..........................................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

The only U2 i have seen was located in the Singleton area some time back. maybe this is the same machine. As they are very rare in this country it would be hard to put a price on one. it would be a great aircraft for thermal ling. maybe someone from GAF would be interested. is it registered with the RAAus?

ozzie