New to Forum

Guest stogie-six

Guest stogie-six

Greetings from the land of Elvis.

I stumbled onto this site researching ultralights (CGS Hawk specifically) and will be in and out from time to time.

See ya around the patch

Welcome to the website and perhaps the best Recreational site in the world. It is certainly very popular and diverse.

What do you fly now?

Guest stogie-six
Welcome to the website and perhaps the best Recreational site in the world. It is certainly very popular and diverse.What do you fly now?

I currently fly a Piper Cherokee (PA-28 140/150). I am building an RV6-A and have been at it for a good 10 years. I am interested in ultralights. I stumbled across an old grass strip the other day near where I work. The airfield is called Colonial Air Park. It is on the Memphis sectional and falls under the Class D for Olive Branch (KOLV). It is a place where you imagine how flying is supose to be.

Looks like a good old dirt strip off state line rd there.

Hope the trees are not too high either end, cant tell on the google earth view.

I own a RV6A, the yellow & blue one in my avatar picture to the left of this message. Hurry up and finish yours coz they are a great performing aircraft.

If you like rec aircraft then really the RV is as cheap to run at 100 kts.

Guest stogie-six
Looks like a good old dirt strip off state line rd there.Hope the trees are not too high either end, cant tell on the google earth view.

I own a RV6A, the yellow & blue one in my avatar picture to the left of this message. Hurry up and finish yours coz they are a great performing aircraft.

If you like rec aircraft then really the RV is as cheap to run at 100 kts.

Skydog -

I will get some pix of the field and post here in a couple of weeks. Since you have an RV6-A, do you lurk thru the VAF pages (www.vansairforce.net) any? I suspect you do since it is a wealth of RV knowledge.

I do view VAF and also the threads on VANS site.

Just ordered a new fuel injected 320 lycoming with roller tappets etc, should be good.

My panel is a simple 6 pack of steam gauges plus cht .I use a portable GPS as back up.

Have a GOOGLE EARTH look at my local strips Point cook airfield in victoria I also use BACCHUS MARSH AIRFIELD, also in Victoria Australia.

Whilst your at it, one of my favourite strips is PETERBOROUGH AIRFIELD IN VICTORIA , A DRAG DOWN THE COASTLINE This area is known as the 12 apostles , very beautiful.