New Flyer (not quite yet!)

Guest Crashbait

Guest Crashbait

G'day all,

My name is Liam Payne from Eidsvold Qld.

Very new to the flying bug. Have always had a love of flying but haven't had the opportunity till now. I've only had a TIF in a Jabiru so far but hope to start on my Rec. license soon. Hard to fit in with work, family etc.

Anyway, looking forward to some feedback in the future. Cheers.

welcome here.

Liam, spend a bit of time exploring this forum and the RAAus site for information. Keep your knowledge ahead of your flying ,not the other way around. Nev.

G'day and Welcome Liam.......:thumb_up:

It's great to see you've got started, even if it's only in a TIF'y way, it's a great feeling to be able to achieve a dream and fly:thumb_up:

Like Nev said, you can never know to much, so keep up the getting to know what's what, how, and why's...

It makes flying all that more enjoyable when you know what's going on....

Ask away, Have fun, and fly Safe:big_grin:

Guest Crashbait

Thanks for the support. Do have a quick query though. How difficult would it be to start training in a Tecnam and then change to a Jabiru? The closest school to me is in Bundy (Hinkler Flying School) using Jabiru's. However, I'll be spending some time in Gympie waiting for our first bub to show up in Sept. so a good time to start I reckon! Have been in contact with Brett Soutter (Pro-Sky Gympie) and they use Tecnams. Any ideas?

"What,You Havn`t Tried The Drifter"?. ;)

Both Gympie and Bundy don't have Drifters I don't think.........:big_grin:

To answer your question: I don't really know, because I haven't flown a Tecnam, but from what I hear, there pretty easy to handle. The Jab's have got a tendency to be a bit trickyer on the landing's, but I'm sure you'll adjust to it in time, It may just take a bit to get used to that's all, and expect not to be able to land the Jab nicely first off, the Tecy's tend to make a bad pilot look good...;) from what I hear anyway.........:thumb_up:

Have Fun:big_grin:

Guest Crezzi

Its easier to stick with 1 type of aircraft when you're training but lots of people can't or don't (for all sorts of reasons). It might take a lesson or 2 to get used to the new plane when you change but the basics you have already learnt will stand you in good stead. Plus you will have the experience of flying more than 1 aircraft with more than 1 instructor. Probably best if you didn't keep swapping between schools and aircraft though.

You don't need to spend long on this forum to find proponents of both Tecnam & Jabiru. Experience of both is a little rarer - don't worry about it, just enjoy the journey to your pilot certificate.

Cheers

John

Welcome, Liam.

I personally found it easier to stick to one aircraft... not just one model, but try to choose a particular one of the club ones to fly consistently. This was the instructor's advice, and I feel like I know the aircraft really well. But either way, welcome and have fun!!

Chris.

Guest Crashbait

Thanks all. It makes sense to stick to one type of aircraft, but I'm kinda limited by what's available locally.

Re. Tecnams and their ability to "make a bad pilot look good" - Great!! I'm gunna need all the help I can get!!!

Can't wait to get in the air!! Cheers.010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Guest Crezzi
Re. Tecnams and their ability to "make a bad pilot look good" -

I wouldn't count on this being the case if I were you ;-) . Good luck with the training

Cheers

John

I wouldn't count on this being the case if I were you ;-) . Good luck with the training

Yeah, I just read that somewhere... I suppose there just saying that they are a bit easier than Jab's:thumb_up: