HGFA Special General Meeting

I'm not sure that RAAus would want to be seen as encouraging HGFA members to switch.

In any event, the process is pretty simple since RAAus already recognises the HGFA pilot certificate and any endorsements held. There is a form specifically for this. I'm not sure if you would have to pass the HF exam immediately or by Sept 2010.

As Alf mentioned, re-registering an HGFA trike with RAAus requires a Used Aircraft Condition Report completed by a L2.

Cheers

John

PS Provided for information only - I'm not encouraging anyone to defect (make up your minds)

I'm not sure that RAAus would want to be seen as encouraging HGFA members to switch. In any event, the process is pretty simple since RAAus already recognises the HGFA pilot certificate and any endorsements held.

Wow! John, that little tidbit of info is most welcome. I for one wouldn't claim the RAA is "encouraging" HGFA members to defect. However, if the RAA is going to be the better solution for me, then that in itself would "encourage" me. I think the tone of this thread should be seen as a flashing yellow light to the new HGFA board. If they abuse the WSM people, a good number of them will walk and take their dollars with them.

While I am also happy to stay with HGFA and see what happens, maybe Ian in his new capacity 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

could get the RAA to look at making the transition easier and simpler, in case there is a need for a mass exodus. Probably should include easy transitions for instructors etc as well.

I will look into it for you mate

I'm not sure that RAAus would want to be seen as encouraging HGFA members to switch. In any event, the process is pretty simple since RAAus already recognises the HGFA pilot certificate and any endorsements held. There is a form specifically for this. I'm not sure if you would have to pass the HF exam immediately or by Sept 2010.

As Alf mentioned, re-registering an HGFA trike with RAAus requires a Used Aircraft Condition Report completed by a L2.

Cheers

John

PS Provided for information only - I'm not encouraging anyone to defect (make up your minds)

Human factors for qualified transfering pilots required by Sept 2010

What is also required is your profile from HGFA and a condition report by a L2 as well as a check flight by an instructor.

Human factors for qualified transfering pilots required by Sept 2010What is also required is your profile from HGFA and a condition report by a L2 as well as a check flight by an instructor.

What does "human factors" mean? Also what is my HGFA "profile"? Finally, is Sept 2010 some kind of cutoff date after which we can't transfer?

Thanks

What does "human factors" mean? Also what is my HGFA "profile"? Finally, is Sept 2010 some kind of cutoff date after which we can't transfer?Thanks

Human Factors is an exam basically on how a person will perform with regards to stress,sickness,medication,decision making etc.

This course is designed to reduce the level of accidents.

Newly qualifying pilots have to pass "Human Factors" before being issued with a pilot certificate.

Existing RAAus and transfering pilots have until Sept. 2010 to comply.

Your profile is what HGFA have on record re your qualifications.

RAAus on receipt of your profile, will then confirm with HGFA as to your standing in the organization (disciplinary etc) to obviate suspended pilots "jumping ship" and continuing to fly:clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone able to attend the HGFA annual general this Saturday (24-10-09)?

I am anable to attend the meeting but would like to gather the 'feel' if the subject of Trikes comes up. Often the minutes of a meeting give an incorrect understanding of the attitudes of those taking part and could be very easily taken the wrong way.

My personal view is that I am proud to be a member of an organisation that has been patroned by the likes of Bill Moyes and pays homage to the Australians (John Dickenson e.t.c.) who developed the wings which we fly under.

However, when reading the HGFA Forums where some claim that the management has been "bending over backwards" to support those WM members, it is easy to think that there is great resentment from the non-powered fliers who I actually admire. I don't wish to be tolerated or favoured, just share the air within my own physical and time restraints.

* Australian HG - PG - WM Forum * • View topic - What has the BOARD done for Hanggliding and Paragliding ??

Incidentally I was 1 of the 42 who attended the maintenance course, and I had to pay for my seat.

Yours Allowera

Hmmm: That forum posting referred to was interesting reading. Quite antagonistic towards the board and the WM owners. I wonder how much the fees for the paragliders and hanggliders would have to increase by if all the WM pilots decided to up stumps and leave the HGFA.