AAK Hornet STOL

tarana777

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

The tandem Hornet mentioned above is for a friend of mine South of Hughenden. He has flown a Slepcev Storch for several years now, and a Lightwing before that. He has sold the Storch to his neighbour, who is currently taking flying lessons. he prefers the tandem arrangment in the Storch which is why he has ordered the Hornet as he has. Ole has visited this station delivering other Hornets, and generally the station folk are impressed. ..............................................................................Maj...

Guest Maj Millard

Sure will Scotty, I wouldn't mind going down to pick it up with him, I haven't met Ole, just spoken on the phone a few times with him...good to hear he is going well................................Cheers Maj....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Thanks for that Scotty, Yes I believe Ole is a talented builder from what I gather....the type we need in the country. A good builder will constantly improve on his product. I flew past Kempsy last year on the way down to the Hunter Valley where I hooked up with Ozzie, for a skydiver re-union. Actually fueled up at Taree, and had the pleasure of running into Pylon 500, who was out training in the Gazzelle.. Had planned to stick my head into see both Ole and the Cheetah factory at Taree, but I was on a mission so didn't get to do either. Did spend some quality time with Pylon and his wife though. Kempsey is an interesting little place stuck up against the hills there. I overnighted at South Grafton both going down and coming back, so maybe Kempsy next time. South Grafton is also a great place to stop in on of course.....................Cheers Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Started the final assembly with the tail fitted and the screens and skylight in ready for the wings to go on next week. It's getting closer/quote]Scotty, I see VH-CVH in the background of the photos you posted. I see she has had the newer undrcarriage installed since earlier photos on the AAK web site.

Cheers

I WANT ONE ... now to figure out how 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif.

BTW, I have flown one and they are sure impressive, full control authority right in the stall ... amazing.

David

This is the perennial problem. Now to find the solution to this......

.....any ideas?

Dammit David! 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif Jay Tigre was looking over my shoulder when I read your post about Ole's aircraft.... She saw what you wrote, Man. She saw me nodding my head in agreement. And she got the sulks. I told her you were talking about another, younger, training aircraft, and not her. Even so; it took two flicks of the prop this time, instead of the usual one, to get the poor old girl purring again.

Do you think she might still be p**sed off with us? Is there something we can do, or say, to smooth her ruffled blue rinse feathers?059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Keep the sunny side up,

Wayne.

Yes Wayne,We should bring Scotty's Hornet over to give her a kiss ... then she will be OK. Especially since she is the same colour 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif.

David

Oooh, the saucey young thing! But no tongue! D' ya hear? NO tongue! I have enough trouble controlling the old hussey without having one o' them young fellahs arcing her up with that sort of thing.

Might make for an interesting photo shoot though, eh? We could call it, "The Young and the Pantless Panting",,, or something lke that.

Wayne.

Wayne let me know when you want the next photo shootScotty

That sure is a grand looking aircraft, Scotty. Whenever you're ready, just let me know and I'll get ol' Jay Tigre all gussied up to pose beside the young fellah. I have to tell you though, I'm worried he's gunna make her look frumpy.

Keep the sunny side up,

Wayne.

.......we could end up with some little Hornpipers running around.

I've been strugling with this all night. Have you ever tried to fit a chasity belt to one of the blue rinse set? Man, it's not easy!

On the subject of the hornet decal: My Minister for War, Justice, Finance, Good Taste and Entertainment...... Lordy Lordy,,, Sounds like I'm describing Russ Hinze. (For the youngsters: don't bother looking up Face Book, just google him) Anyway, my Minister for Everything agrees with your Minister, for reasons unbeknown to me. So in the interest of peace and tranquility, I must respect your decision to go with the one you did. How's that for a side-stepping, capitulating cop-out? We aren't born cowards you know. It takes them years of intensive effort to train us. 072_teacher.gif.7912536ad0b89695f6408008328df571.gif059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Keep the sunny side up,

Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...