AAK Hornet STOL

tarana777

Looking very nice Scotty,

Good looking OZy made plane indeed, If you would when you get around to it, post how it gose in the air, would love to know. Was looking at this kit myself but was after a slightly faster cruise. be intresting to see what it is with the new wing on it.

Very Nice

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a fan of yellow...UNTIL NOW! Looks great 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Earlier this year, they had a Cessna 180-185 reunion at the local aerodrome in Masterton. Nearly all planes were white. The ones that stood out for me were the yellow planes:

129674553_cessna180-185lineup.jpg.90902b69568afc331dbf7710b9e652ac.jpg

At that point I found that the mostly white planes were a bit boring (Mind you, it's not my wish to offend Forumites who own white planes!). I have come to like the red and yellow planes the best. After seeing Scotty's flying machine, I have definitely become a fan of yellow :thumb_up:

What do you think of the windmills on the tail. I wanted to promote it as an Australian product and I reckon that does it well.Scotty

Lovely! Seriously, you have reformed me, never liked yellow (or its shades), the colour scheme (orange strengthening to red) and decals just work so very well and complement each other magnificently. Great choice and job 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hey Scotty

The windmills are a very nice touch, quite alot of people are doing the southern cross on utes.cars,tattos,bullbars,trucks ect ect ect. all this is good but a bit over whelming, The iconic 3 legged windmill is something very diffrent and very australian especialy in the bush..

I personaly think it's a good symbol to premote Australia/ the bush:thumb_up:

But thats me other may differ.

Hey Scotty

The windmills are a very nice touch, quite alot of people are doing the southern cross on utes.cars,tattos,bullbars,trucks ect ect ect. all this is good but a bit over whelming, The iconic 3 legged windmill is something very diffrent and very australian especialy in the bush..

I personaly think it's a good symbol to premote Australia/ the bush:thumb_up:

But thats me other may differ.

I have the inspection on Tuesday and if all goes well just have to wait for the OK from RAA. Ole will be doing all the test flying and final setup on the prop and such so it shouldn't be too much longer.Cheers Scotty

I like the sound of that Scotty.

Betcha can't wait:big_grin:

Pud

Slight zig zag away from Scotty's very pretty mistress - anyone else notice the current advert on Aviation Advertiser for what sounds like a pretty complete bird, but for engine. $37K or thereabouts from memory? If all is as appears, not a bad deal I would have thought. Damn, really must stop looking at aircraft that don't fit into my current plans - I'd easily end up with a fleet of the things if I could afford it.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Too bloody long...........I'm sick of sitting in it going BRUMMMM......BRUMMMMM..........WEEEEEEE

A Watch pot never boiles,

It took you how long to build it mate, a few more days will not kill you, but it dose send you around the bend.

Never been a fan of yellow...UNTIL NOW! Looks great 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

We have seperate forums for Jabirus, Morgans, Aero Pups etc, etc, perhaps we should start one for YELLOW AIRCRAFT. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

We could then ask everyone who has one to submit a photo:chat: :thumb_up:

Alan.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're all dreaming of the day Scotty goes airborne in his Hornet:

... .. . ................... /

... .... ............... /

..... ... ........... /

....... ......... /

.. .......... /

.. ...... /

..... /

.. /

OUT BLOODY STANDING SCOTTY... 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif OUT BLOODY STANDING... 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif I'm gunna take the laptop out to the hangar tomorrow and show the old girl where the young fellahs up to. The 5th & 6th NOV are in the diary. Gloucester here we come. Dunno where I'm gunna fit the sleeping bag though, what with that bloody chasity belt on board and all.

I recon I'll turn the mic off next time..........."Spanner" you know you might be right, seems that it has the same effect on Wayne T's mistress. Do you think I will need sercurity for "Little Horny" at Gloucster? He does get up pretty quick.004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gifCheers Scotty

Oh oh! Naughty talk,,, naughty talk... Cover your eyes ladies.

The day will come Tim when Ole has done all the test flying and then ........oh boy..........it's all mine..........Scotty gone flying.......yeah 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gifBut until then I'm happy to let Ole set it up and sort it out for me. He has the experience.

Cheers Scotty

You're a wise man Scotty.

Just showed your post to "she who must be obeyed". She can't stop laughing.Cheers Scotty

Yeah, I know,,, I've got one of them too... What's a man gotta do to get some respect?... I blame it on the Simpsons, you know... Bloody tellie...069_boring.gif.9cee54db3616ee9ac1231638d365dc2c.gif

Keep the sunny side up,

Wayne.