Cheetah Strike part2

wokbat1954

Guest Flygirl
Qwerty,Thanks for the input. I have a range of saws at home for cutting various materials but immediately went for the Hack saw with diomond blade for one reason only. My Compound Drop saw is large and we simply ran out of bench space to be able to utilise it. Lucky there wasn't that much that needed cutting...LOL.

I found that a 4.2m work bench and 1.2m wide the with of the std sheet . was ok act. the boxthe kit is delivered in made my work bench.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Flygirl. Dimensions on the bench are about spot on. The main reason our bench is 1.1Mtr wide is that I gotthe timber from my work after we removed soe shelving. Didnt realise it was not 1.2 wide until we put it together. Our Fuselage is exactly 1.1M wide (42") so it fits the bench with nothing to spare. When it come to the wing build, it may be a bit smll and thats where he 1.2M bench may come in handy. When we get to it, I think the slightly smaller size will help is in setting up the washout on the tips. We will have to wait and see, but will definitely let everyone know.

How far along is your build, and , Is it a Sierra , Ceetah or something else?

Cheers

Hey Toby

Just went to check out your blog and getting a message that it has been hacked. I am hoping all your good work is still ok and that this has not caused you any grief.

Cheers

Rob

Hey TobyJust went to check out your blog and getting a message that it has been hacked. I am hoping all your good work is still ok and that this has not caused you any grief.

Cheers

Rob

I B*****dy hate hackers:censored::censored:thumb_down, should all have their bits removed. Hope you are back online soon Toby, we are all enjoying your build.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Qwerty,Thanks for the input. I have a range of saws at home for cutting various materials but immediately went for the Hack saw with diomond blade for one reason only. My Compound Drop saw is large and we simply ran out of bench space to be able to utilise it. Lucky there wasn't that much that needed cutting...LOL.

I used an 5"angle grinder with the thin metal cutoff blades on ALL my cutting needs including long cuts [leading edge trimming]on the 601xl Cheers

I used an 5"angle grinder with the thin metal cutoff blades on ALL my cutting needs including long cuts [leading edge trimming]on the 601xl Cheers

For some reason the 1 mm cutoff wheels work on Aluminium. Dont try the other cutoff wheels or grinding dicks, you will find yourself in a world of hurt.

Hey Mick,

There are no longer any issues that I know of with the blog...I have everything back up and it's been running for the past 5 days without any issues. Can you describe the problems you are having. I know that Wokbat1954 (my dad) was having issues with the new IE8 so I told him to use FireFox. I exclusively use FireFox to browse the web on both Mac and PC, the blog works flawlessly on both.

As a side note, empty your internet cache and see f you can refresh the site...it may be that your computer is stuck on old cache.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers

Toby

Ditto here at work with IE, but works fine in Firefox.

I'm getting the banner and menu bar / sidebar, but clicking any item shows some loading activity, but the content area remains blank and I get the following error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Timestamp: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 05:33:01 UTC

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

Line: 0

Char: 0

Code: 0

URI: http://www.bx2.com.au/

Hey Guys,

Yeah, it's as I thought, Microsoft have changed the way pages render in IE8 and thus have broken what was working, AGAIN! Thanks Micrsoft!!! This happens EVERY time they update software.Then we have to keep adding crappy code to accommodate their crappy browser. No other web browser does this..such as life..it's gonna take time to fix (if I can be bothered), in the mean time, if you would still like to follow my progress, I suggest that you download Firefox and use that to view not just my site, but any website.

Cheers fellas...I hope you guys are motivated enough to get FF and still view my blog.

Toby

Follow the yellow brick road

Hello Chaps, Like my learned son says, just load up Firefox and away you go. I have had to alter a few things to get all my other sites working properly but the change from I.E was definitely worth it. If you dont, you might mss out on the tail feathers. Defintely a quick build kit, because it took me three weeks to get my wooden tailplane built for the Max and I reckon we will have the Sierras built within 1 week.

Cheers Boys

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates over the past couple of weeks...I got thrown quite a curve ball, but work has progressed and I will endeavour to put up as much stuff as I can over the coming weeks. We are currently working on the Wing Main Spars.

I'll let you all know when I have put some posts on the blog.

Cheers

Toby

Toby,

I was looking at all the great pics you posted of your fuz build and wondered what you were using to bend your gussets? (fuz and gusset should NOT be in the same sentence 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif)

Do you have a small brake or a technique you might like to share?

Best wishes

Chris

Hey Chris,

The Gussets are bent in a small 30" Bending Brake...the large bends like the one on the parcel shelf (yet to be posted) are done by using 2 bits of wood, a vice and 2 clamps. I actually have this stuff ready to be put up on the blog, just have to pull my finger out and finish off the descriptions of some of the pics. I'll have this stuff up on the blog soon so you can see.

Cheers

Toby

• 4 weeks later...
Guest danimator

Hi Toby

I have been through your site a couple times, love what you are doing there. It actually feels like I'm in the shop with you!! Just wondering if you are updating somewhere else, as the last update shows as August 13th. . .

Hopefully everything is fine, it's a matter of lack of time to update.

Cheers

Dano