Bulk purchase of PLB's (Kannad XS3)

Guest JRMobile

Guest JRMobile

A shot in the dark here but I imagine there will be a few of us thinking about purchasing a PLB over the next couple of months.

I contacted Ian via "Clear Prop" asking if -

"Have you any room to move on the price of the Kannad XS3 PLB."

as I had seen them for sale at a more than competitive price on the internet.

Ian's quick and courteous reply-

"Sorry John but I can’t move on that price unless there was an order for several of them in which case I would go to the supplier and see what deal he could do but not for one offs."

Would there be any chance of getting a list of names together of pilots wishing to purchase this PLB and willing to put in a firm order to allow Ian (Clear Prop) to negotiate with his supplier.

I will start the ball rolling:

1- John Reid

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

etc

Cheers JR

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Qwerty

Hey JRMobile

Hows Jiggi. I workrd with a Greek bloke years ago, he apparently liked a place that I assume is near Jiggi...... called Jiggi Jiggi. He said he liked Jiggi Jiggi. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

With 5 now I am sure I can twist their arm a bit - depending on the end number I will see what they will do on Monday morning for you - keep the number going up so I can twist their arm even more :thumb_up:

footnote - the Kannad compared to other units is like comparing a mercedes to a kingswood - it is a very nice unit with GPS

Guest JRMobile

I would agree with Ian on the quality of the Kannad PLB from the reseach I have done.

Qwerty, Jiggi is fine and we are having great flying weather.

Forecast for Sunday

Fine, mostly sunny. Light to moderate northwest to northeast winds.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Lismore: Fine. Mostly sunny. Max: 31

Cape Byron: Fine. Mostly sunny. Max: 24

Grafton: Fine. Mostly sunny. Max: 30

On the other hand-

LAUNCESTON:

Forecast for Sunday : Cloudy with frequent showers, easing for a period during the early afternoon. Light to moderate north to northwest winds, becoming fresh and gusty during the afternoon. Precis Showers. Max 15

Monday Rain periods. Min 10 Max 14 Tuesday Showers. Min 04 Max 12 Wednesday A few showers. Min 03 Max 12 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

PS - most aboriginal words end in a long " i " :thumb_up:

Guest Qwerty
I would agree with Ian on the quality of the Kannad PLB from the reseach I have done.

Qwerty, Jiggi is fine and we are having great flying weather.

Forecast for Sunday

Fine, mostly sunny. Light to moderate northwest to northeast winds.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Lismore: Fine. Mostly sunny. Max: 31

Cape Byron: Fine. Mostly sunny. Max: 24

Grafton: Fine. Mostly sunny. Max: 30

On the other hand-

LAUNCESTON:

Forecast for Sunday : Cloudy with frequent showers, easing for a period during the early afternoon. Light to moderate north to northwest winds, becoming fresh and gusty during the afternoon. Precis Showers. Max 15

Monday Rain periods. Min 10 Max 14 Tuesday Showers. Min 04 Max 12 Wednesday A few showers. Min 03 Max 12 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

PS - most aboriginal words end in a long " i " :thumb_up:

Perhaps I should sell both a/c and buy a boat, half of Tas is underwater.

:dog::dog::kboom:

I am hoping that the price will drop to $599.

An interesting fact about the Kannad is that it is the only unit that will still work in water - it self rights itself allowing the aerial to keep transmitting - all other units just float on their side and stop working - I didn't know that about the Kannad.

15 - Naturally I want one myself

One thing I also like about the Kannad is they always quote worst case scenario figures. For example the life of transmitting when activated is quoted at the battery expiration date - others quote when their unit is new.

The other thing is that Kannad is a world leader in PLBs - just look at their big brothers and the company here in Australia would have to be the best supplier I have ever dealt with.

I personally have the opportunity to get any PLB through the shop but I am getting a Kannad

Guest JRMobile

From Galpin in another thread.

16 - "Count me in for one, Ian.

Remember folk we are helping support this site when we order through Clearprop."

I have just spoken to them and they have sent an email off to Kannad and waiting on a reply. They currently only have 5 in stock so this would be a special order. If a few of you wanted them urgently we could use up their current stock otherwise it would be about 7 to 10 working days.

Should know the correct price tomorrow morning and thanks guys for doing this

Hope this helps!

Guest Mad Dave

Thanks guys, very generous of you.

In that case Ian, if I can get one by mid next week, count me in. I am sure the end price will be OK (especially since it goes to a good cause any way!)

Cheers,

Dave