Bulk purchase of PLB's (Kannad XS3)

Guest JRMobile

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok all, the supplier has got back to me with a bulk deal of 20 units - I have to take 20 and their best price is $599 + postage.

I normally only put small margins on things to help pay for the site and to get you your aviation needs as cheap as possible so I will leave it up to you to put something if anything on top of the $599 for Clear Prop also note that the shop will be left with some of them as we haven't reached 20 so that will be a cost that the shop will have to wear until it can sell the other ones.

Sorry guys but this is the absolute best I can do but I think it is a good price when you consider that the Kannad is a darn good unit.

I have to let them know tomorrow (Thursday)

Ok all, the supplier has got back to me with a bulk deal of 20 units - I have to take 20 and their best price is $599 + postage.I normally only put small margins on things to help pay for the site and to get you your aviation needs as cheap as possible so I will leave it up to you to put something if anything on top of the $599 for Clear Prop also note that the shop will be left with some of them as we haven't reached 20 so that will be a cost that the shop will have to wear until it can sell the other ones.

Sorry guys but this is the absolute best I can do but I think it is a good price when you consider that the Kannad is a darn good unit.

I have to let them know tomorrow (Thursday)

Hi Ian,

I will commit to one.

Cheers,

Len

Guest Qwerty
MCMURDO McMurdo Fastfind Personal Locator Beacon w GPS[/url]I dont know the real differences between the two but i just got emailed another beacon at almost half the price. Perhaps you can look at these instead.

I have committed to Ian and I stand by my commitment. And....I still want some thing that will float in Bass Straight and transmit by its self.

Qwerty

MCMURDO McMurdo Fastfind Personal Locator Beacon w GPS[/url]I dont know the real differences between the two but i just got emailed another beacon at almost half the price. Perhaps you can look at these instead.

You really need to compare apples to apples with these units to get a fair comparison. I had a quick look and it really depends on type of battery used and how current the models are. Cheers

Whatever I get I want a high level of dependability. I am not going to get one because the regs say so, I am getting one because I might actually need it one day and if I do I want it to work! So, I don't care the make/model but reliability is important.

Remember that this is a US supplier. Any beacons bought overseas must be recoded with the Australian country code. This cost must be taken into account, along with the shipping and currency conversion.

Guest 1134581

Sorry i don't think you understood.

I wasn't saying go and buy them from overseas, i was saying these units are cheaper and if they are as good as the others and they are cheaper then you should source them to sell here as well for those that cant afford $600. I was not saying go and get them from somewhere else just look for a cheaper option.

they are different

US PLB`s generally can not be used in Oz and can not be located. CASA has some info on this fact and making pilots aware of it..

The McMurdo unit pictured by 1134581 member is not an aviation purpose built PLB and will not work in Oz.

They do make PLB`s that will work anywhere in the world and a cost I looked up for the entry model was 900 bucks, quite a bit more than the unit we are committing to.