Tracktop gets his red P's

Hi

Well it's taken a while. The weathers been unkind along the way and tried to teach me patience, but I finally got my pilot certificate yesterday:ecstatic:. Great journey so far, loved every single minute of it. Now I guess the learning really begins.

Day 1 today, forecast good, no wind, 30% chance of fog till 8am, YES, tried to go for an early fly but all there was was FOG FOG FOG so I guess tomorrow is another day - or maybe this afternoon might even be nice :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin: ( still trying to get the hang of this patience business )

The books didn't tell me 30% chance fog till 8am meant 70% chance of fog extending after 8am.

Silly me thinking 70% chance of no fog :hittinghead:

Well done Ray,:thumb_up:

Now that you've got your certificate, it is when the real learning begins since you now have to make your own decision about whether it's safe to fly using any and all information available, rather than relying on your CFI to make that decision for you.

Now it's a matter of getting your hours up and continuing to hit the books for your X-Country and Pax endo's. Only when you have those will you be able to enjoy the potential of your trike, like flying to Natfly for example.

Cheers,

Glen

Thanks for congrats

XC and pax are very high on the list.

Need Pax soon so I can take my other half up. She has had many offers but is waiting for her first flight with me.

Watch for me, I'll be there to visit you all soon 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif well those that are closer anyway. More distant ones may have to wait just a little while.

First jobs are consolidate my flying skills and improve my spot landings so that I can land at home, and even eventually bring the bird home to roost.:big_grin: Then flying will really be easy as a whim.

Not having to find an available slot and prebook to fly is the first and biggest bonus so far.

Congratulations Ray,

On getting your licence to learn it is a great achivement on your behalf and now the fun begins.

If your anything like myself and most other trike pilots when we were at the stage your at it is the next 30 to 50 hrs on your own until you will start to become more comfortable with those dreaded potholes and turbulence and actually get to enjoy the view that flying has to offer.

Patience is a big thing mate as you have nothing to prove to anyone, you being pilot in command has the ultimate decision in whether you fly or not, never feel pressured by your friends or others into going for a fly if you gut feeling is to stay on the ground.

Remember it is better to be down here wishing you were up there than being up there wishing you were down here.

Cheers and have fun

Alf

Guest AirBorne Flights
Congratulations Ray,On getting your licence to learn it is a great achivement on your behalf and now the fun begins.

If your anything like myself and most other trike pilots when we were at the stage your at it is the next 30 to 50 hrs on your own until you will start to become more comfortable with those dreaded potholes and turbulence and actually get to enjoy the view that flying has to offer.

Patience is a big thing mate as you have nothing to prove to anyone, you being pilot in command has the ultimate decision in whether you fly or not, never feel pressured by your friends or others into going for a fly if you gut feeling is to stay on the ground.

Remember it is better to be down here wishing you were up there than being up there wishing you were down here.

Cheers and have fun

Alf

Take note Ray that is well said......heheehe:clap: