2200 fouled plug/s

zodiac3813

HI JIM im no expert, but i didnt change the gap, although they were wider than the normal plugs. They need a wide gap to work properly.Cheer :big_grin:

After reading the comments about iridium plugs I ordered 12 of them.

I would like to get confirmation on your statement about not changing the gap in accordance with the JABIRU 3300 engine manual.

Hi Compsci, as per my post 11#, i have used them on motor cycles, both yamaha, and ktm.The comment about not changing the gap, comes from both yamaha, and ktm mechanics i know.I have used them for a long time, without changing the gap and never had a problem. Cheers.

Hi, Slarty yes thats the one D9EIX i have used them for about 250 hours now,i would not go back to D9EA's now.You can get them on special at super cheap every now and again for about $15.Rory

Derby,

I'm somewhat confused about changing the gap on the D9EIX Iridium plugs.

It appears that the post is very fragile and easily broken. Also there are comments

about the need for a larger than specified gap. Did you change the gap according to

the 3300 engine manual or did you install them out of the box?

I have now purchased 12 D9EIX plugs and plan to install them at the 100 hour inspection.

CompSi

Compsci,

You do not have to adjust the iridium plugs. I have never had to, the engine runs as good with 100 hours on them as with 1 hour. plus I got about 50 revs more with them than the standard plugs.

Rory