Offical Bumper Sticker Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk flying at recreationalflying.com

I realy like this one turbo. Straight to the point. Since the sticker is on a car etc, majority of people reading it will not come from a flying background, but they might have a interest in flying. With a nice message as turbo has just mentioned- They will know at first glance- A- the web site is about Flying and B- it is a site where people can discuss things aboutflying, in a instance. People might only catch a quick look a the sticker for only a few seconds. They will have to and memerise the web address quickly. If that makes sense. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Have to admit I kind of like this one: Cars are for kids... bumper stickers from Zazzle.com.au

Maybe we can think of something similar?

Ok, the current plan is to do 1-2 sensible ones and one silly one, now we just need to decide what everyone would like.

A couple of sensible suggestions that have been made seem to be popular:

I fly for FUN

www.recreationalflying.com

and

Talk flying at recreationalflying.com

I agree that some of the silly ones may be seen as promoting some unsafe flying/non-PC ideas, but here are a few suggestions:

• Alcohol gets you drunk, Flying gets you high

• "I only go in cars to get to airports"

• Got altitude?

• Fly it Like You Stole it

• Real planes have props

• If you think I drive fast, you should see me fly!

• Break the law of gravity. Go flying!

Personally, I see so many bumper stickers that the normal/boring ones are forgotten after 20 seconds. If something makes me snicker it'll stick. PC be damned 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I'm like that too but I'm trying to appeal to what lots of people would want :) If people want a sticker like this, tell me 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

If the point of the exercise is to attract people to recreationalflying.com, then the font for that has to be easily readable, or the message may just run out of legs.

I agree with Al B that head turners get the second glance, so maybe something like "Flying gets you high" catches the eye and leaves enough space for the website, or some other message in two to four words.

Is there anyone on here who is experienced/good with designing programs such as Photoshop?

I can have a stab at it but it's going to all be pretty basic if I do it because I'm not really experienced with those programs. So if there's someone on here who's got experience and doesn't mind helping out, that would be fantastic :)

If the point of the exercise is to attract people to recreationalflying.com, then the font for that has to be easily readable, or the message may just run out of legs.I agree with Al B that head turners get the second glance, so maybe something like "Flying gets you high" catches the eye and leaves enough space for the website, or some other message in two to four words.

That sound good as well. Maybe a bit of humour, and then the serious bit.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Hi Guys! These two get my vote (as they would catch my attention in traffic) :-

Fly safe!

Neil

The GRAVITY of the situation is not so serious that you can't go Recreational Flying. N....

I like it, but I'm thinking it might be slightly long for a bumper sticker - need a smaller font to fit it on so make it harder to read.

Hi Guys! These two get my vote (as they would catch my attention in traffic) :-

Fly safe!

Neil

I like these two as well, they're short (so easy to see/read in traffic) and fun (like RecFlying).

As I said in an earlier post, really need help with designing the artwork to send to the printers since I am not particularly experienced with photoshop and such programs. If I design it, it's going to end up BASIC so if anyone has time and experience/talent with these programs, and wants to help, that'd be fantastic. :big_grin:

Wow. This has taken off while I was away.

It has been on my list to create these.

The thread you linked seems to have the original bumper sticker image pointing to some random photo. Here's the one you were talking about - I used to have it on my car.

I will do the graphics, but I have to finish the new logo and site banner, so that we have the right one. The logo on this one was from a low-res image, so it's a bit fuzzy.

Then we might look at a generator so people can enter their name to create a personal version. Maybe even select their preferred pithy phrase.

The possibilities are endless (the sky's the limit?).

Mazda found me at Evans Head because I was wearing the above on a T-shirt.

I see my sticker plans have been hijacked to try and get us to all advertise this spotty orange aircraft....

I will do the graphics, but I have to finish the new logo and site banner, so that we have the right one. The logo on this one was from a low-res image, so it's a bit fuzzy.

Then we might look at a generator so people can enter their name to create a personal version. Maybe even select their preferred pithy phrase.

The possibilities are endless (the sky's the limit?).

This, however, sounds like an awesome idea, but how would we get them printed (thinking of cost and pain for individual printing etc)?

but how would we get them printed (thinking of cost and pain for individual printing etc)?

I wouldn't worry about that Darky... Slarti has volunteered for that, wasn't that what you were saying Ross?

Guest skyspud

Not sure if it was a suggestion or not but I like the phrase Slarti said in his last post....

The sky's the Limit

Skyspud

Go fast and take chances

Why the hell wouldn't you want 5151 on it? Please explain.

And it's not bloody orange.

Agree Darky. Induhvidual (nerd thing) printing is going to be the issue.

I'm not making sense. It's been a weekend of 2.5 hours driving, 10 hours flying, and way too much walking and sun (did I mention I need operations on both my knees next week?), then I find I have 600 posts to read (even though I read a bunch in my tent last night until the WW2 movie sounds drew me to the WW2 movie being projected against a WW2 hangar - how cool is that?) and water to pour on a 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif fight.

I wanted to be in bed 6 hours ago (before I landed).

I'll get back to you.

Yes Tomo - I don't mind creating induhvidual artwork. How many could there be? Real shame I missed you. I saw the post last night that you were coming down in the Arrow and kept an eye out for it, but I had to go. So hard to find forumites. You can't just say to everyone "recflying.com.au?".

I tried it on Matt Hall and he called security.