Offical Bumper Sticker Thread

Yes Tomo - I don't mind creating induhvidual artwork. How many could there be? Real shame I missed you. I saw the post last night that you were coming down in the Arrow and kept an eye out for it, but I had to go. So hard to find forumites. You can't just say to everyone "recflying.com.au?".I tried it on Matt Hall and he called security.

Don't worry Slarti, I was just having a bit of fun with you! ;)

Yeah real shame, but there's always another time...

So is that how you got the black eye? was wondering about that.... :big_grin:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hard to find forumites. You can't just say to everyone "recflying.net?". I tried it on Matt Hall and he called security.

This is where the cap idea comes in.

You'll recall there were two designs, a Recflying one and another one.

Hiho, I promised to come back to you regarding your succinct "Real men Rotax"

If we buy a Recreationalflying.net cap you would be recognised as one of us.

If you buy the other one you would be recognised as one of them.

This is where the cap idea comes in.You'll recall there were two designs, a Recflying one and another one.

Hiho, I promised to come back to you regarding your succinct "Real men Rotax"

If we buy a Recreationalflying.net cap you would be recognised as one of us.

If you buy the other one you would be recognised as one of them.

Would

"Real pilots Jump Jabs" be preferred?

The real men comment was only meant as light relief.

on a serious note re a bumper sticker for http://www.recreationalflying.com I believe that we have a serious problem in that the web address while being perfectly descriptive is far too long to be accurately remembered by someone in a following car who gets a quick glimpse of a bumper sticker.

Relax, this was a bit of light relief; I'd fly in a Rotax any day.

The shorter, simpler the better with, as Facthunter says minimum "in house" jargon, but recreationalflying.com is the product we are trying to sell - we can't shorten that.

So, if "The Sky's the limit" stuck in your memory you could run a search on that and up would come this site.

That means the message itself must motivate the reader.

One way around the long site name is to have metawords matching the message loaded on to this site.

A cap would be cool too, I'd wear one :thumb_up: (wear it to the beach, advertise this site 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif)

Wouldn't be too difficult either, just need the logo and name on the front and maybe the web address on the back and go to one of those places that does embroidery for company uniforms and stuff, get a whole pile done and put them in the shop...

With the individualised sticker thing, what if you just had a generator that generated the custom artwork which you could download and either print yourself, take to a photo place or somewhere and get it done on photo paper or get printed on a sticker (depending on what you wanted it for...)? Just an idea :)

Guest Maj Millard

Seems to me a simple red cap with the Rec logo on front for airshow hookup usage. Soon as a few 'red caps' get together it's going to be pretty obvious, as they'll stand out like you know what ......wonder if we could actually take over at Temora ?...........................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Seems to me a simple red cap with the Rec logo on front for airshow hookup usage. Soon as a few 'red caps' get together it's going to be pretty obvious, as they'll stand out like you know what ......wonder if we could actually take over at Temora ?...........................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I vote for blue (red doesn't suit me 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif)

Darky, I think we need caps to go with the Stickers.

aye aye Cap'n

The stickers are probably going to have to wait for a bit until Slarti has time to help with the artwork and stuff, but I reckon I can have a stab at getting the caps going 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Perhaps I need to be added to the staff list as 'Official merchandise co-ordinator' 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Look I'm not a real red queen myself, but it needs to be a standout colour that not a lot of the general public would be wearing...how about yellow or Grape, or that lovely outback orange at the top of the forum head ??.....screw the oily fingerprints, they get better looking with a wash or two anyway, hell we're aviators aren't we ?............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

With the individualised sticker thing, what if you just had a generator that generated the custom artwork which you could download and either print yourself, take to a photo place or somewhere and get it done on photo paper or get printed on a sticker (depending on what you wanted it for...)? Just an idea :)

No good for the country guys - unless you find a supplierwho takes orders on Net - us being Netcentric.

Im with Major, it will have to be a bright and distinct colour, so it will stand out from rest of the normal hat colours. Anyway put me down for a couple of hats when availiable, i will where mine to wanaka next easter. Cheers

PS- and stickers

Look I'm not a real red queen myself, but it needs to be a standout colour that not a lot of the general public would be wearing...how about yellow or Grape, or that lovely outback orange at the top of the forum head ??.....screw the oily fingerprints, they get better looking with a wash or two anyway, hell we're aviators aren't we ?............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I agree it needs to be a standout colour but also needs to be acceptable to the majority of users. I reckon the orange referred to would be ideal - reckon Slarti would agree as well:big_grin:

I'd wear a cap to any and all functions including the Red Bull Air Race coming up in WA 17-18th April. Can't wait so get those caps in the shop real quick

Pud

Right now I'm looking at prices for caps and embroidery.

What does everyone feel about a bright royal blue hat? The other RecFlying merchandise Ian has in the shop has a bright blue background so it's keeping with the theme there...

I'm thinking just having the Recflying logo with Recreational Flying underneath on the front and the URL on the back.

I think it looks like it's going to end up being somewhere between $5-$10 a cap (although I haven't looked into it too much yet)

Royal blue does it for me Darky. Just make sure we get some large size caps as I have a big boofhead. I know that caps are supposed to fit all with the adjustment strap at the back but it is not so. So when you are talking with the supplier please ask for some extra large ones.

Pud

Bumper Stickers and Hats

Darky (My 2 cents worth.. or should that be 5 cents now?)

Well personally I like the funny politically incorrect stickers as it gets people thinking and asking questions if nothing else. "nice ones are forgotten"

As Stan used to say "Nice guys come last".. well the same is true in advertising the ones that are a little risky are the ones remembered.

I'll be in for some of the funny ones as my students would get a kick out of it I am sure.

As for hats, when colour etc is decided I am sure Stan and I would be ordering a couple as well.

Fly safe

Bec

Being a very regular cap wearer - work outdoors wear a cap most of the time -

I have dozens.

Make sure they are quality comfortable caps or they won't get worn much

forget the cheap nylon ones - the inside is as important as the outside

Some of us have shiny spots that are sensitive :gerg:

Orange is a good colour for stand out, Blue is bad. If I go somewhere that the other half needs to find me I usually wear an orange hat and am usually easy to spot

Light, bright seems to be better than dark and the more unusual the colour the better.

Just my thought anyway

I'm involved in a similar forum (nothing to do with aviation) where people from all around the country meet up at events. We introduced caps about 5 years ago and the only specification was that "They had to stick out like dog's balls". We ended up with a fluro yellow and blue, and I can tell you that it doesn't matter how many tens of thousands of people are at an event, you can see the other forum-ites. These days, after any event the forum is full of "where can I get me a hat?" comments, and we get lots of new people involved because they come up to members at events and ask "Who are all these people in the bright hats?" :)

On a totally different topic, to aid instant recognition of the website address when read in a hurry, format it so that

• the 'www' and '.com.au' are in much smaller font - everyone knows them, and

• capitalise the main part to make it easier to read - we read whole words, not letters.

Hence, it'll look something like

www.RecreationalFlying.com.au

Two thoughts in one post- how's that for value! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I'm with BecM, Tracktop, Gomer, David (not his blue post), Black rod and Turbo.

I'm not with Pud (sorry Pud), dark coulurs don't standout and they are too hot.

Qwerty