Another XL Happening

ellpar

I have been looking at various aircraft options for a while and a very kind Savannah Owner/Builder gave me a ride to Evans Head for the fly in last weekend. I was so impressed I ordered a kit which should be here next week.

If anyone has any clecos or other bits for sale or any tips to help me get started I would be most grateful. I will be building near Nambour, so let me know if you would like to drop in for a cuppa, any advice very welcome.

Thanks, Peter

G'day mate, Savvy's are a pretty impressive little creation... mayen't look the worlds best, but they perform pretty well from my little understanding.

This wouldn't be the aircraft by any chance at Evans Head?

[ATTACH]9703.vB[/ATTACH]

Savvy.jpg.1666548abba1b4e56047aad129b9ca36.jpg

Easy there Tomo, didn't your mother teach you if you can't say something nice...? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Then again I love VW beetles so what does that tell you?

True.... I don't mind VW beetles either... but they to don't look the worlds best!

Ok, front on the new type looks pretty spiffy... but from the back, lets be honest!:big_grin:

No this was just a random photo from the gallery. Might see you at Dalby sometime as I head out there ocasionally. The Sav won't win any beauty contests, but will hopefully get me into a few places that others dare not go.

Peter

Guest milton56

Hi Ellpar,

Congrats on the new Savannah. I finished my VG just before christmas and it now has 14+ hrs on the clock (11 to go). Mate have a look at the South African Savannah build site, it has some great build pics and this did help me alot in building mine. I can't think of the actual web site at the monent so just do a search and you will find it.

Regards

Milton56:thumb_up:

Many thanks Milton, there looks to be a wealth of very useful photos on the SA site. When you have finished the 11 hours come for a trip down to the Sunshine Coast, we might be able to organise a gathering of the Savannah Clan.

Cya, Peter

Guest milton56

Thanks Pete

There are four Savannahs in this area, two are flying, one is nearly finished and the other is just being started. Thanks for the offer and in the near future hope to see you down there.

Regards Milton:thumb_up:

• 1 month later...