Pietenpol Air Camper Corvair build

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEE HAARRR !!!... The dream is alive and well... Go Scotty, GO !!!... 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Very much alive Wayne! Thanks mate.

Thanks guys for the comments. OME...look closer, there is only a half a back seat..lol

Scotty,Are they your work boots that I can see on the centre right border of the photo?

OME

Yes Mark...the wife bought them for me for Xmas. When she says "get ya skates on!".... She also shoved a broom up my bot so I can sweep while doing other jobs...

Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Yes Mark...the wife bought them for me for Xmas. When she says "get ya skates on!".... She also shoved a broom up my bot so I can sweep while doing other jobs...Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Bloody women. Just because they can multi-task they think that everyone can!

OME

• 2 months later...

Been a busy bee over the last month or so! Fuselage is coming along and finished gluing the turtle deck over the long weekend. Attacked it today with the sander and its ready to flip over now and start the undercarriage. Mounting the tail wheel first then on to the mains. Wont be long before she is standing on her own 3 feet!

IMG_1784.JPG.a02f3836b4ce8b6c9a44c6cfea5f0e6c.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG.e5fea861732e6b3fbc70f154453bd276.JPG

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

Scot,

that is looking great, it must be so satisfying seeing it coming along so well. You have inspired me to empty the garage and re-pack to try and get enough space to build another construction bench to do wing spars and fuse!

Crack on I say! (You'll be needing those welding skills sooner rather than later at this rate)

Phil:clap:

Thanks guys!

Phil yes I could do with the welding skills now! I have control horns and the control column that needs welding but will have to wait till I do the course and buy a TIG machine. When you start the fuselage it suddenly comes together. Especially since we built all the tail first. Im about to mount the tail wheel then look at the main wheels.

Great work Scotty, every saturday morning I wheel Andrew Carter's Piet out of the hanger we share to get my Terrier out so now I have a better understanding of the fuse structure .

One of these weekends when our busy schedules line up , Andrew has promised to take me for a fly in his Piet......... looking forward to it...!

cheers

JimG

Hi Jim...we just arrived in Caboolture for the TAVAS event tomorrow! Andrew took me flying in his a year or so ago. I was impressed! Will we see you there tomorrow?

Yeap, I'll be there , look forward to catching up. Are you going to the Open Hanger thingy at Watts on the sunday..?

Cheers

JimG

Hi Jim...yes for sure! My next build is looking like a Sopwith Camel. I believe there is one there being built from a kit from the USA? I havent decided if I will go down that road or build one from scratch. I have Jim Kigers drawings here and doing a bit of research. I will be there with my wife Jodi and two kids. We are staying in the Caboolture River Holiday park.

• 3 weeks later...