Tecnam bravo - fuel vents

johnm

For the sake of Tecnam chatter:

Bravo users - fuel vent outlets are flush - in the wingtips - ever noticed that when you park on uneven ground (wing lower than the other) with full tanks - you can loose a good percentage of fuel (up to 30 - 40%) - it vents / drains quiet easily

I'd guess using a bung or plug or such like would probably be stupid (damage or not removing it and then flying away - probably than, fuel starvation ?)

My solution has always been don't fill it to the gunnells unless lots of fuel needed

Any thoughts on that one ?

JM

Yes a bung would be a good idea with a "remove before flight" ribbon attached to it.

I fly a Golf, Super Echo and Eaglet and the only problem we have is if the plane is parked unevenly fuel will drain from the high tank into the low tank then out the vent, this is easily fixed by switching one of the fuel cocks off to stop cross feeding....

i couldnt have said it better my self Davey.Hi John, as david has mentioned, we have it happen a fair bit,here when sombody has forgotten to turn one of the fuel cocks off.Eg- night before Happened to david and myself last Saturday.

Guest Walter Buschor

This sounds just like the Savannah problem . I don't know the Technam set-up but I do suspect that there are no individual taps provided for each tank. If fitted these will - when turned off - prevent fuel flowing from one tank to the other and then out of the overflow. Best of all it only costs a few dollars and little work. One problem hough. Don't know if it can be done legally if it's a factory build as this would constitute a modification - but then who cares?

flay safe

Walter

HI walter, the tecnams have individual taps from each tank, well the golf, echo and eaglet does.Im not certain on the other models, but im guessing their the same.Cheers Mate, i have to get up to Kingaroy and see you.

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Dazza,

Might have to catch up with you at Dunwich sometime as I have never made it to Boonah yet.

With all the rain I might never fly again. Should it ever stop I will make the most of it. I might sound like a winger but don't mean it that way. Poor bastards out west! Loose the lot. What do we really have to winge about? As for all of us . Keep watching video's or whatever and keep your spirits up. When it does fine up We'll fly again! Hope it is good enough to go to Clifton.

keep the fingers crossed

fly safe ( that's a little stupid ) or should I say there's hope fore better days

Walter

Hi Dazza,

Might have to catch up with you at Dunwich sometime as I have never made it to Boonah yet.

With all the rain I might never fly again. Should it ever stop I will make the most of it. I might sound like a winger but don't mean it that way. Poor bastards out west! Loose the lot. What do we really have to winge about? As for all of us . Keep watching video's or whatever and keep your spirits up. When it does fine up We'll fly again! Hope it is good enough to go to Clifton.

keep the fingers crossed

fly safe ( that's a little stupid ) or should I say there's hope fore better days

Walter

Hi Walter, yes i have been watching greg miller's video's, Big Rocks Long Props, today.Just finished watching the Bone Yard with Jeff Watson on seven two.A oldie but a goodie.I checked the Web Cam during the day, the Boonah glider one that looks towards Airsports hanger. No one at home today. To wet and windy :thumb_up:

• 3 months later...
Guest burty

The syndicate that I belong too have just purchased a Bravo and the previous owners had similar problem. Their fix was to block wing tip vents and vent out thru fuel caps. Seems to work very well.