Avmet plain language weather

BPN

I appreciate the efforts of the Ians, only passing on my experiences.

Oh, absolutely. Believe me, there's nothing negative in sorting out the reason behind an apparent failure, and thus working out a way around it to save problems for future users. Passing on your experiences is a really valuable contribution. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I appreciate the efforts of the Ians, only passing on my experiences.

I wrote the thing around area forecasts as they include location stuff, TAF/METAR/ATIS the lot. It does a bit of checking to make sure you copied/pasted the whole thing.

• 3 months later...

Ian,

Noticed a couple of minor anomalies in this Area 60 translation this morning (highlighted in red). Also, I assume PEMET uses the area briefing map to decide what the appropriate local time adjustment should be from Zulu for the selected area/s. Hence +8 for Area 60. What happens in those states where daylight saving applies? I assume PEMET doesn't adjust for temporary changes in local times.

Thanks

rgmwa

Amended Cloud:Broken stratus 1000/2500 ft [base 1500 ft ft inland] W of Yalgoo/ Paynes Find/ Bencubbin/ Corrigin until 9 am, scattered base 1500 ft ft ocean/ coast until pm am.

Scattered cumulus/ stratocumulus 2500/5000 ft over land W of Yalgoo/ DOTOP from 9 am until pm pm.

Broken cumulus/ stratocumulus 3000/7000 ft SW of Mandurah after 8 am, extending to SW of Gingin/ Narrogin by 6 pm.

Scattered altocumulus/ altostratus above 12000 ft E of AVKAN/ Cunderdin.

AMD CLOUD: BKN ST 1000/2500 [bASE 1500 INLAND] W OF YYAL/YPYF/YBCB/YCIG UNTIL 01Z, SCT BASE 1500 OCEAN/COAST UNTIL 03Z. SCT CU/SC 2500/5000 OVER LAND W OF YYAL/DOTOP FROM 01Z UNTIL 04Z. BKN CU/SC 3000/7000 SW OF MDU AFTER 00Z, EXTENDING TO SW OF YGIG/YNRG BY 10Z. SCT AC/AS ABOVE 12000 E OF AVKAN/YCUN.

Ian,Noticed a couple of minor anomalies in this Area 60 translation this morning ....

Thanks. Sorry about that. Have seen this problem before around midday/midnight. Have fixed it in some places (see earlier posts) ....

Yes it does know about daylight saving. Local time is a Linux/PHP function and incorporates DST ... don't ask me how :-) I just had to specify the areas for every airfield. Can't guarantee that it always changes exactly on the day - I noticed with the NZ ones that it was sometimes a day ot two late ..... can't say I've ever looked specifically at Oz DST's.

I have decided to end support for this page. I gave (as in $0.00) all the source code to the other Ian B .... It's a fairly large pile of PHP, but any competent PHP cutter with a few hours spare time should be able to fix it. I would provide said cutter with whatever background info she needed.

Thanks Ian. I knew you'd passed the code on but wasn't sure how best to report any issues. Thanks for the time info too. Good to know

Cheers

rgmwa.

• Winner 1

Thanks Ian. I knew you'd passed the code on but wasn't sure how best to report any issues. Thanks for the time info too. Good to knowCheers

rgmwa.

Actually - although no doubt Ian B would oblige me if asked - I don't have access to the site anyway.