Jabiru flap stress

sseeker

Jabiru spares in Bundaberg sell a part referred to as item number 3106094 "bush flap (UL) hinge inner" which is for fitting into underwing flap hangers whose flap bolt locating holes have worn. They also supply the longer AN3-10A bolts needed.

• Like 1

The Decathlon/Citabria elevator trim system would be even more simple than the Savage Cub (as I understand it from dazza's description). As David said, it is very effective - only a small part of its range of travel is needed (I don't see how an extreme cg position could require much more either).If the elevator control system became disconnected it would work fairly well. Different kettle of fish if the elevator is jammed (more likely in my opinion) and not so easy to simulate that situation for practice.

The Auster trim is an Austin window winder mounted on the roof frame above the pilot's right shoulder. It's deadly!

My usual experience when someone uses it for the first time is a very sudden and steep alteration in pitch because the trim has a lot of authority.

Kaz

Normally the trim tab moves the elevator ( acts as a servo applying force to the elevator). IF the elevator jambs the action of the tab reverses but it has much less effect. The real risk with this is that the elevator will move suddenly and you would be in deep strife. You cannot control a plane when fore and aft (pitch) control doesn't exist. Elevator control is usually a simple mechanism with rods or cables in basic aircraft. Jamming might happen if a seat collapses onto it, but disconnect or play developing will be a problem too. It usually flutters, as do disconnected trim tab cables or rods. Nev