Big Hours

bilby54

I was wondering if anyone has a bunch of airframe hours on the Foxbat as I'm interested to see how they last.

I occaisionally fly one in western Qld and think that their design and configuration is great but just wonder how long they would last.

Cheers

Foxbat hours

Hi Bilby - the highest time A22L Foxbat in Australia has completed about 2,500 hours at Hastings & District Flying School in Port Macquarie. It was fairly heavily used and eventually met a temporary demise during a taxxiing accident last year. Now being re-built at The Oaks aerodrome. Hastings & District has recently taken delivery of a new A22LS (600 kgs) Foxbat. Maybe worth calling them to ask them about durability?

There are several other 1,000+ hours Foxbats in Australia - as far as I know, all doing OK. Please call me at Foxbat & I can give you some numbers to call.

In the wider world, there is a 7,800 hour 80-hp A22 in the United Arab Emirates which has been in school use since 1997 and quite a few over 4,000 hours in the States.

So far, these have all been A22L (450kgs MTOW) aircraft. The new 600kgs MTOW A22LS aircraft has been substantially strengthened in many ways - including a stronger landing gear and metal top to the wing - which should make it even more durable.