12 x free trial introductory flights to give away to Mt Gambier youth!

From The Mount Gambier Aero Club

There’s something in the air this spring... YOU!

The Mount Gambier Aero Club in collaboration with 2 local flying schools are running an entirely free competition for youths who live within a 50km radius of Mt Gambier and who are aged between 14½ and 17+ to win a prize consisting of a trial introductory flight of about 1 hours duration and an initial free junior membership of the Mount Gambier Aero Club. There will be 12 winners and there are absolutely no obligations!

There is a national shortage of pilots and our club is hoping to encourage local youth in the latter years of their schooling to consider this incredibly rewarding vocation (either as an employment option or perhaps even just for fun). Our members already know how addictive and rewarding flying is and we want to share this passion with you!

Application forms and other information can be downloaded from our website and are to be submitted via email to us at [email protected] by the end of winter (August 31st). We are looking to select winners who we think are most likely to consider ongoing aviation training (although again - there is no obligation). It is likely that we will conduct informal interviews from a shortlist after applications close with the expectation of announcing winners mid-September to enable these prizes to be taken in the beautiful flying weather of spring!

So - get “liking” and “sharing” to ensure that as many eligible local youth as possible hear about this fantastic giveaway opportunity which may just lead them to a satisfying lifelong career!

1.jpg.3ffedf6119b722cdede11f5fbeee95e8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What a ripper of an idea!! And to back it up with your own cash is really ballsy - good luck, I hope you get heaps of new members out of it. Well done guys and girls of Mt Gambier Aero Club.

But WHY is it always for the young or female.

No chance of an older person needing a helping hand to change to a Job they could only dream about.

My cousin (UK) did three job changes before his short flying career. (depressurization popped an eardrum),

Ended up as a maritime navigator.

Sister-in-law's grandson is now a Jet jockey after his armed forces stint. Well out side your age bracket.

If you get a mature person that is interested, they could be (like me) put off trying.

spacesailor

But WHY is it always for the young or female.No chance of an older person needing a helping hand to change to a Job they could only dream about.

My cousin (UK) did three job changes before his short flying career. (depressurization popped an eardrum),

Ended up as a maritime navigator.

Sister-in-law's grandson is now a Jet jockey after his armed forces stint. Well out side your age bracket.

If you get a mature person that is interested, they could be (like me) put off trying.

spacesailor

One reason might be that young people have less disposable income than older people. They only get one TIFF, not all their lessons paid for.