wannabe pilot / pilot in the making.....

Guest Head In The Clouds

Guest Head In The Clouds

Hi all

Names Adam, and im living in Pambula. just south of Merimbula - (the closest airport). My uncle owns Merimbula Air Services and i have this love of flying that i cant seem to get over. doesnt help that i dont want to. i havent started to learn yet, and im in two minds as to what to do. i love the idea of a cadetship with QANTAS.

anyway, i love many things other than flying, but thats what im here for, and what i want to do for a living when i leave school (im in yr 10 now). i wanted to get my pilots liscence before my L's but that didnt happen. the money factor is a big one, and im an expensive little man to run, trust me.

anyway, see you all around and about

Adam;)

Hi Adam

Welcome

am in SA so a bit far away to help with the flying training, lots to be learnt here and with anything to do with aviation. Is there a local flying training organisation you can go and wash clean and polish things and occasionally get a lesson?

The main thing is to have FUN! Keep at it, You Can Do It!

All the Best Guy:cool:

G'day Adam,

Good to hear of other semi-locals on the site:big_grin:.

My advice is get a few hours of training before you make decisions, but then, I don't know much.

Just hang around Frogs Hollow any Sunday arvo, one of the locals will take you for a fly. I know, I used to do that before I got my licence.

Best of luck in any case and I will probably see you around if you stay in the local aero scene.;)

Guest Head In The Clouds

hi Biggles...

yeah, actually i hang around there at least once a month. although im about 500 metres away. ill be one of those little dots you see going round and round the track.

but yeah, thats something really worth thinking about...

hope to see you about

Adz:)

Guest Head In The Clouds

hey blueshed.

yeah, my uncles good for that. he actually took me on for a week at the start of the year. he has three cessnas. a 172, a cutlass (i think) and a 337. he also has a cherokee 6. great little plane. i got a bit of a go at the end of the week, after polishing the paint on his twin engined cessna.

ive put my name down for a dish pigging job so hopefully ill get a start soon.

Guest Head In The Clouds

Hi Chris,

thanks.

you know i knew id found something special in this site last night when Ian actually rang me at home after i had problems registering for the site, but i

have just read the posts about the poor bloke going through chemo, and all that the folks on this forum have done for him, and i now dont think i wanna leave this computer. what a great place to be...

;)