My new drifter

Gregory

Hi Frank , neither ! Im in the process of referbishing it myself [ATTACH=full]52628[/ATTACH]

Goodonya Gregory! Been there a couple of times myself over the years...Years ago, I saw a red Drifter, in a hangar at Caboolture...Is this the one?

Frank.

Nice one Greg,have fun, I,ve been flying one for the last 3 yrs and after flying basic ultralights for the last 35 yrs, Scouts, Winton Jackaroo,Veenstra Thermite,Chinnook,Spectrum Beaver, Thrusters I find it the most forgiving fun machine for a Sunday fly cheers Al

• Like 1

goodonya Greg, your 'refurb' looks like the perfect opportunity to go over the lil' beasty from top to bottom - any chance of a close-up pic of your tailwheel addition?

btw, it looks like there is an old 406 EPIRB strapped to the side of the cockpit - fyi, the GME600G (GPS version) is about $300 on eBay, the non GPS version is about $50 cheaper (don't see the point for $50, actually)

cheers m8

BP

goodonya Greg, your 'refurb' looks like the perfect opportunity to go over the lil' beasty from top to bottom - any chance of a close-up pic of your tailwheel addition?btw, it looks like there is an old 406 EPIRB strapped to the side of the cockpit - fyi, the GME600G (GPS version) is about $300 on eBay, the non GPS version is about $50 cheaper (don't see the point for $50, actually)

cheers m8

BP

I replaced a TX GME with this...smaller, lighter, cheaper, and higher spec.

PLB Personal Locator Beacon GPS (KTI PLB)

• Like 1

yeah good pick M6, I'll be getting the same one - looks like you could attach it to the seatbelt - I like the idea of activation as soon as you make the pan/mayday call - just in case you're unable to do so after the 'landing'...you can always turn it off and notify authorities asap if all good

BP

thanks M6 - I'll make a decision after I get my XC endorsement - hey Greg, do you have a Drifter close by you can use for checking anything against your aircraft? if not let me know if you need any dimensions or photos.

cheers

BP

• 5 months later...

G'day Greg, how's the resto going m8?  I'm close to getting my refurbed prop back, still trying to source a set of throttle cables.  Hoping to be in the air again by the end of June?

BP

[ATTACH]36135.IPB[/ATTACH]

Brilliant, Gregory! Looks great! Well done! I hope you get many enjoyable hours flying as I have with mine.

Frank.