Aeropup for Tomo!

fly_tornado

I've been seeing this for some time. I wonder why it has not sold before. It seems to be the equal of many airplanes I have seen advertised around the place, and Boorowa is not a great distance from Canberra, or Sydney for that matter.

OME

Guest SAJabiruflyer

I still believe in this: Buy an RA-Aus registered A/C for personal use. Cheaper to run, most likely NOT 35-55yrs old like most affordable GA planes. Cheaper to maintain. Better technology (by and large). Then, if the need arises for more seats, get your mates to chip in for the Hire of a GA plane, and let someone else worry about the multi thousand dollar annuals, 100hourlies etc.

Then again, that's just my opinion. Buy what you want, enjoy it, and fly safe!

your joking. its nearly 50 yrs old. you will end up an expert golfer waiting for parts

Yeah true, but aren't they a lovely looking aeroplane! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif And Cessna tail draggers are just something to fly, anyone who has flown them I'm sure knows where I'm coming from!

Maintenance isn't a huge issue as I can do most things myself under the supervision of a LAME, as I do part time work for an Aviation maintenance facility from time to time. But yes there are still costs to be looked at.

• Like 2

Amen Tomo

Dave Briffa at Boonah lets me fly his Texas Taildragger C150 with the 120hp and I am smiling from ear to ear from the moment I get in and all the way home again.

164766_10150150268610809_537130808_7974894_7102812_n.jpg.1eaec1107f54c8af4cb13936eeedb544.jpg

• Like 2

Hey thanks FT!Something to consider indeed I guess...

I like this too - http://www.aircraftonline.com.au/product.php?id=924

As they always say - 'depends on what you want to do with it'. The folding wings on the Aeropup may be good for someone with hangarage problems , or wants to travel and tow it around Oz , but as I understand it , you live on a property with airstrip and probably a hangar . For what its worth the Cessna 150 looks ok , but of course it would have to be checked over by a LAME , and that does'nt appear to be a problem to you either , nor does the ongoing maintenance . If it's what you want go for it . Good Luck !

Bob

Tomo,

Just a word of caution if you are going to buy a Texas Taildragger. Find out what type of main undercarriage it has, either flat or tubular. I've been told that those with tubular U/Cs are a real bitch on landing. The legs tend to move backwards and introduce a steering input, making the plane wander all over the place. This doesn't happen with the flat steel legs.

OME

• Like 1

I would also check that it is actually still for sale.That web site seems to be slow with keeping up with the lastest. PS- I have looked at that a/c a few times over the last couple of years.So you can take about 10 Views out of the 3000 views.lol