AEROPUP

Stillhere

• 3 months later...
Anyone built a nose wheel version of the Aeropup? If so what do you think?

Hi all, the nose wheel version is still under consideration, and could be implemented for firm orders, there is no problem with doing it, just that nobody has committed to one so I am surprised at the lack of interest in the nose wheel version so I am hesitant about investing the $ to do it right now considering the GFC situation.

regards John Cotton

Be interested in your assessment of the total weight added by that ,John. I assume you would want it to be steerable? Nev

Hi Nev it would not be a problem, due to it being similar to the Gazelle and the reduction of the Tailwheel and spring, bearing in mind that the Jabiru 4 cly version needs a bit extra wt on the nose anyway it works out very well, the Rotax 912 is the perfect wt and with the nosewheel it could be easily compensated for simply by battery placement

Hope this helps

Rgds John

Yes I can see the balance situation being better but there must still be some weight increase. I am suggesting a castoring set-up is not good, though. The Gazelle with differential brakes seems to work satisfactorily, but plenty of nosewheel set ups are weak. (They get a hard time). nev

Yes I can see the balance situation being better but there must still be some weight increase. I am suggesting a castoring set-up is not good, though. The Gazelle with differential brakes seems to work satisfactorily, but plenty of nosewheel set ups are weak. (They get a hard time). nev

Hi Nev my replys on this forum are restricted due to not being an official advertiser (something I am considering) you can continue through my website if you like,

There will be some weight increase agreed but estimates are that it won't impact the MTOW significantly and a steerable nose wheel is the preference I am considering

MTOW may be increased to 600kg under LSA which is another step I may take as well as it complies to LSA rules.

regards John