Another T500 returns to the sky!

propfarmer

Having achieved the status of octagenerian with too many aircraft, I recently (somewhat reluctantly) sold my Thruster Gemini to a pair of young (they're not even 30 yet!) Thruster enthusiasts. They already possess every issue of the now defunct TSOG bulletin thus I have a full set of Tony Hayes' informative epistles available at no charge to anyone who might put them to good use. Forwarding costs to the new custodian. Riley

Thanks for the photos propfarmer. Indeed it's good to see another olden reaching for the skies once again. I have a T83/4 I'm slowly restoring and now I wonder if the rear fuselage covering would be of any benefit. Comments.... anybody?

DSCF5505.thumb.JPG.51faf8764a9ad4154e91ee26549dc16b.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the photos propfarmer. Indeed it's good to see another olden reaching for the skies once again. I have a T83/4 I'm slowly restoring and now I wonder if the rear fuselage covering would be of any benefit. Comments.... anybody?

[ATTACH alt=DSCF5505.JPG]55340[/ATTACH]

It makes little difference to the flying quality or speed. Extra hassle to do maintenance, extra weight. I would be just as happy if my t500 was a t300.

• Like 1

[ATTACH alt=DSCF5505.JPG]55340[/ATTACH]

Hi, can I ask where you pick that t83 from?

So... does anyone have information about Tony Hayes sourced components? Particularly his pods? Don

Shortly before Tony's exit I visited with he and Kay at Watts and he put me unto the geezer on Bribie Island who held the moulds and was making pods, carry-thru bar enclosures, doors etc for TSOG. I purchased two sets of T300 cabin enclosures to carry back to WA. (still have my unused set surplus now to requirements) and, buried somewhere, will have the fellow's details. Give me a day or two and I'll dig out the aged gen and, if contactable, he may have info as to the whereabouts of the 'Sprint' moulds. cheers

• Like 1

After being stored in a trailer for 11 years due to skin rot, it was gifted to me by it's owner.[ATTACH type=full" alt="T83 in trailer.JPG]55478[/ATTACH]

Good to see it came with it's own hanger.