Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

This thread is for anyone who is having any issues, needs help on "How To Do" or has a suggestion for an enhancement with the new forum software.

Any posts you make will be acted on and replied to. Your issue will be quoted in the reply with it either being fixed or an alternative solution provided. When the issue is fixed, your post and replies will remain for a short period of time as an advisory to other users. They will then be deleted as it will no longer be an issue.

Enhancement suggestions will all be combined into one post so I can address them as a "Task List" that I will look into as time permits so we can build the Forums, the heart of the site to a high standard and with comprehensive features that you want and are ALL happy with.

It's YOUR site so help me to help you...Thanks for your help

tech_support_cheat_sheet.thumb.png.0fdc690071f25f97ce4d51a6c81d91c2.png

• Like 5

• 7 years later...
What's New showing nothing over 6 hours old. Reports "Nothing more to load."

You're right, that is strange...I might try and rebuild the search however that will take some time..q.will look into it further

You're right, that is strange...I might try and rebuild the search however that will take some time..q.will look into it further

I am rebuilding the search index which seems to be fixing the issue however I have no idea how this has happened...perhaps

@Ahmed Zayed might know what could have caused it

The site is running slower on my computer Ian . Bernie

An issue with the Elastic Search Engine server has occurred today that caused search index table to corrupt... This issue is now cleared by the action that Ian took. For the slow loading, I'm not sure what is the reason, I have it running with moderate (Normal) speed right now in my area. If any one from the same area that can confirm, it would be good.

Hi their hargraves here  ,i have not recieved the usual saturday night rec forum emails for three weeks could you look into it for me please.  Thank you  cheers

That is a special development thing and I have yet to find an "off the shelf" product to do it with IPS or developed one that is easy to manage...there is one built in but it requires manually creating it each week...please stay tuned for this some time in the not too distant future

The Quote system isn't working as it used to; I just posted in:

RAAUS - A 'MAJOR PLAYER' WITH A POTENTIALLY MAJOR SET OF PROBLEMS. AOPA Australia member opinion

(As someone has already said, the post numbers are missing, so this is an example where they would be handy to give a precise location)

The first

split out worked, but could be improved by the shaded background it used to have to clarify it is someone else's quote  it then printed an unwanted section from the downloaded quote, and also didn't seem to work for a second quote I was intending to include.

No, you are doing nothing wrong...the default view I have set is to show the latest blog entries on the blogs home page. If you select the List view you can see the blogs at their top level. I can change the default view to List view if it is considered better

Clicked my default, What's New (All) and got this- 

1. [[Template core/front/streams/streamItems is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doesn't happen with What's New (Unread).

Going from your post above to the What's New page by clicking What's New in the left margin took less than 2 seconds on my laptop, which is abominably slow, and my abysmal ADSL2.

On the old site I could hover over the subject and see the more detail of the subject. Can this be activated with the new site?

This feature is already activated...

If you're logged in as a member, and hover on the topic title in topics listing page then you can a see preview for first and last post [see the following image]:

image.thumb.png.65a762c158a097cc56580d7337336f97.png

Ian this web site is slow as...when you read a page and the is another page which you then go to and read ...then backtrack to the main page again takes forever .

This is under discussion between me and Ian... Already some action have been taken and it should make effect.

Unless a page takes longer than 5 minutes to load, still not working. Sorry I don't have live screen capture on this laptop. I thought it might have been because my default is What's New (All). Tried What's New (Unread). Same thing. My browser is Chrome.

• Agree 1

Unless a page takes longer than 5 minutes to load, still not working. Sorry I don't have live screen capture on this laptop. I thought it might have been because my default is What's New (All). Tried What's New (Unread). Same thing. My browser is Chrome.

Ah, this should only work inside forums listings page not in the streams page.

URGENT...I need to know the approx days and times that you may have had issues like site speed, What's New resetting itself, etc. The server people have asked for these so they can look into them.

Thanks for your help

Well I have just ordered the new server. Currently our server is in Sydney but to step up would cost a lot more for a slightly better one however I can get an extremely powerful one for the same extra money by having it located in LA. Having an off shore server will increase latency but the extra power should over come that. So for an extra $50 odd dollars a month more I am getting:

Intel Xeon E-2176G - 6 Cores 12 threads at 3.7GHz with turbo to 4.7GHz >14,000 passmark!

16GB DDR4 ECC Memory 2666mhz (fastest these chips will take!)

500GB NVMe samsung 970 drive!

30TB outbound on 1gbps port

For the techos we are currently using a E3-1270 processor and 8GB of ram

Once the server is built and put online I will then pay a server guru to tune it to get the best out of it. The pain will then be the transfer of the sites to it...this will cause a small impact to the site's availability whilst it is being transferred but I will keep you informed on this and when it is going to happen.

Fingers crossed that this will assist in resolving any performance issues