Back in the Air!

Flight Hours to date: 28.6

01st Solo, Completed Oct 20, 2017

Last Flight: Jan 12, 2018

Hi All,

After a year away from flight training, I was back with Fly Now @ Redcliffe last friday for my first flight 0f 2019, we headed up to the training area at Bribie to re familiarize myself with the basics and getting use to the aircraft again,

Weather was a tad bit hot with some crosswinds, a great day for flying regardless, a snippet of the flight in the link below

Brent

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Second flight for the year so far, was to fly a couple of weeks ago, but the weather was not in my favor, today it was circuit work at YRED, weather was overcast and a bit windy  but as usual the lesson was a hoot

Brent  smiley.gif

A little snippet of the flight:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Back at Redcliffe (YRED) for some more flying, lesson today was Circuits & Emergencies, firstly we had an errand to do, we flew over to Caboolture (YCAB) to pick up a part for the school's mechanic then jump in to some circuits & emergency situations there, however the weather turned on us so we flew back to Redcliffe and finished the lesson there, as usual the lesson was a hoot, did my first short field takeoff, some simulated engine failure landings and tried my hand at some short field landings

Brent  smiley.gif

Notam:

I appoligize for the lack of Radio Comms, I had forget to turn the Camera's Mic setting to external, a little snippet of the flight,

Hi All,

Back at Redcliffe (YRED) for some more flying, the plan was to try and get in some more solo time, but the crosswind conditions today were a little bit tough for newbie like me so Pete had me working on how to handle the circuits with crosswind landings, had to admit, I was very knack-ed after today's effort.

Brent  smiley.gif

Notam:

Radio / Video Comms back up and running, here are some of my landings,

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

After a hiatus of 2 months due to work and a overseas holiday, i was back at YRED for some more flying, had 2 lessons today, the first being a little jaunt up to the training area at Bribie Island for some refresher of the basics, the second flight was back at YRED for some more circuit training, had a small crosswind, but thankfully no rain, a great couple of hours flying, it was nice to back in the left seat again!

Brent ?

PS:

almost forgot, I passed the Pre-Certificate Air Legislation Exam as well,

A little snippet of the first flight,

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

another lesson completed on Friday at Redcliffe (YRED), weather conditions were just about perfect, so I completed my second Solo, ended up completing 3 touch n go's and 3 go-arounds, and 1 full stop!

Brent ?

Sorry, I forgot to turn on the external mic again, a snippet of my flight below,

• Like 2

Hi All,

another lesson completed on Friday, it was about learning how to depart and rejoin the circuit, so Peter and I would depart from Redcliffe, head over to Beachmere then turned back towards Redcliffe

Peter and I completed 2 Depart & Rejoin Circuits then we landed, Peter jumped out and then it was my turn to complete one, Solo!

Brent ?