Bigger tyres for Skyrangers

Blueadventures

Mike..are you going to get a set of those?

Working towards it. Putting together an order with a mate to UK and the main wheel spacers are to be included, also looking at getting some of the 600kg wing bits so next wet season I can fit (need to undo wings and remove tanks to fit the bracket the front spar attaches to and fit the anchor point for the larger brace wire that is also required. Just want to have bits on hand for when the urge or opportunity arises. Don't want an upgrade to get the road of flying this good season. They are full steam ahead over in UK as just been signed off to do factory builds, developed a Swift 3 version and a new French approved design so just need the time to do the 600 kg undercarriage. getting the nose leg and fit is the easy bit. They are no doubt busy with the design, testing and loads of paperwork as they do things 100%.

I might even look at making my own spacer and place a third wheel bearing in it to spread the load towards the outside, where the fastening is to hold the wheel on.

Will make for better beach and rough strip operations; the reduction of speed will be good to know not that that matters.

Cheers

excellent....I will be trialling a new prop in a couple of weeks...apparently popular with skyrangers etc in Europe. Its made in France...I will be the aus dealer here...E-Prop they are super light and all carbon..all reports seem to get speed increase less vibration and noise. Have you seen any mention of the E-props on those other forums?

• Like 1

excellent....I will be trialling a new prop in a couple of weeks...apparently popular with skyrangers etc in Europe. Its made in France...I will be the aus dealer here...E-Prop they are super light and all carbon..all reports seem to get speed increase less vibration and noise. Have you seen any mention of the E-props on those other forums?

My mate has one on his gyro. Have indefinite life. My DUC is great but 800 hours before factory refurb. I will buy an E-prop before then. You will like the E-prop.

Hey Mike, Very interesting!

What is the cost of the nose leg by itself? I already have the bigger tyres on the mains but I might be interested in a new big wheeler fork.

Looking forward to testing them...They come with the spacer built from carbon as part of the backplate at no extra charge and you just need to supply the length. I have a 3 blade coming with the 120mm extension and a flat backplate no extension so we can do some trials. Keeping stock of all the extensions will be problematic so will keep the props in stock with a 120mm and a 20mm and a std backplate I think as that should fit most...the spinners are not cheap though but all the same price. Should have the first one here in about 2 or 3 weeks. The Bolly is just a so so prop really

• Winner 1

It is interesting that the E-props company are appointing an Australian dealer.

When I was researching engines and propellers, E-props came up as being the lightest around. I like the titanium edge protection and also the hardening additive that they place in the resin at the leading edge of the non-titanium props that they sell.

Who will be the NZ dealer? Are they looking for one??

Not sure Hank if there is a dealer there...maybe I should be the Oceania dealer :)

I was talking with a sav business overseas about other matters and asked about props as I wanted to try something better. They had done a lot of different prop testing and told me they love the Eprops..They gave me the details of who to contact and it went quickly from there. I read almost all of te testamonials..and there is a lot of them...not really even one that said it wasnt a lot better than any of the other brands and they all loved the props and would buy again. Really looking forward to getting the first one..got guys lining up already to try it on their aircraft. Might be a little sideline for you Hank...sorry for the thread drift Mike

Turfglides?

Having owned a set, they are nice and light and excellent on sand and soft surfaces.

They give a very nice soft landing.

When they required replacement I went with a more conventional aircraft tyre.

The light weight comes from rather thin rubber.

I've heard reports of punctures on rough ground......

Not sure Hank if there is a dealer there...maybe I should be the Oceania dealer :)

I was talking with a sav business overseas about other matters and asked about props as I wanted to try something better. They had done a lot of different prop testing and told me they love the Eprops..They gave me the details of who to contact and it went quickly from there. I read almost all of te testamonials..and there is a lot of them...not really even one that said it wasnt a lot better than any of the other brands and they all loved the props and would buy again. Really looking forward to getting the first one..got guys lining up already to try it on their aircraft. Might be a little sideline for you Hank...sorry for the thread drift Mike

I think that there could be a real market for E-props in NZ too. They seem like a great product with a lot of serious engineering behind it.

I am sorry about the very serious thread drift, Blue Adventures. I have started a new E-props thread in the propeller section: E-Props ...who has first hand experience with these .

:off topic: ...now, back to bigger tyres!!

Edited by eightyknots

No worries, any time.

• 6 months later...
On 04/01/2021 at 11:08 PM, Garfly said:

A well-shod Nynja from the Alps of Provence:

Thanks for posting Gary,  I prefer the nose leg in my first post as it appears more beefy in the area of the fork to the leg attachment.  Also the main gear legs are like those that Greg was trialling for Phillipe on his Nynja.

On 04/01/2021 at 7:41 AM, Dave T said:

Blue adventures,

Great setup!!  Did you or someone else custom make the wheel spacers and nose fork? Or, can they be ordered? What size tires are you running?

Hi Dave.  I have not fitted these yet or purchased any kits.  A mate and myself plan to buy in a set each in the very near future as soon as all parts are available.  I have just made an inquiry about availability and where to purchase about half an hour ago as I was waiting until the start of the year to message them and they contacted me about 10 hours ago and said they are open again.   If you like private message me your email address and I'll copy you with the detail and their contact so you can communicate direct to them.  The bigger tyres will be good for off field operations.  they take the Carlisle 8.00-6 4 ply tyres.  Cheers.

• 11 months later...
On 07/06/2020 at 6:17 PM, Blueadventures said:

Bigger tyre kits are now available for Skyrangers. Just requires new nose fork, main wheel spacers and the rubber that fits the existing hubs.102711685_10158292908898363_7110293323377703402_o.thumb.jpg.240160424fb2432e143f05b370824ebe.jpg103057662_10158292908983363_4364356537924089544_o.thumb.jpg.e18711b091192a41cc98c67e148fcffb.jpg103072739_10158292908383363_5995973216394699535_o.thumb.jpg.ccafdb71a8ae49989eef1ade8acd1fd4.jpg103078303_10158292908608363_4987311532428889199_o.thumb.jpg.df787a0739d973d4aeeafb60e9bde3b7.jpg103293851_10158293485938363_7658572482139013863_o.thumb.jpg.eff7c4af05cabdbb6100f053d7668183.jpg103351341_10158293487833363_8858620350454855251_o.jpg.1918fdd44f655ca79cd8cfacb2e9241d.jpg103529436_10158292908228363_5970921347486734723_o.thumb.jpg.ba503bb4f01328fcfdb0108b7e51e59e.jpg     I was hoping you could tell be what size tyres are on this SkyRanger? 600-6?

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Gerhard Schneider said:

Hallo, ich habe einen Sky Ranger SW in Österreich, ich interessiere mich für Buschräder, wo hast du deine Buschräder bestellt, kannst du mir den Preis nennen?

Gerhard,

This is an English language forum, based in Australia. Can you make your posts in English?

On 09/12/2021 at 9:36 AM, Bluecollaraviation said:

Hi I've been away on a camping holiday, no phone reception so missed the question. 8  x 6".  I'm fitting my mates at present, did the nose wheel this afternoon and will do mains tomorrow.  Were waiting on availability of the the wider nose leg, supply chain and build quality issues so they are chasing satisfactory quality of build.  2images of the camping trip for 12 days in December.

20211214_142534.jpg

20211215_063445.jpg