BMAA ( UK ) August "enews"

Phil Perry

A couple of quirky articles for August 2015 on the BMAA magazine site ( forgot to post this earlier ) for those who don't bother checking out the site monthly - I know,. . .these's so much stuff on the interweb to read, you'd never get anything else done if you tried to troll through all of'em. . .

Nice NMBF ( not microlighting but flying) story from WW2 about a seriously smashed up B-17 crew being let off the hook by an ME 109 pilot, and how the two pilots met up 50 years later for an amber nectar reunion . . .

Bit about a Thruster there too ( Didn't know they still made those. . . . ! )

The new Rotax super engine -(apparently building begins in late 2017 ) sound interesting, if you need full power right up to 15,000 ft,. . . . .and max alt 23,000 then this could be the engine for YOU ( if you have a wallet of such a size that you'd need a hang glider to jump off it ) 135 HP 915 iS . . . . reserve yours now !

Main site : microlightflying.org.uk/enews then choose what month you wanna look at.

Phil :-)

• 2 weeks later...
A couple of quirky articles for August 2015 on the BMAA magazine site ( forgot to post this earlier ) for those who don't bother checking out the site monthly - I know,. . .these's so much stuff on the interweb to read, you'd never get anything else done if you tried to troll through all of'em. . .Nice NMBF ( not microlighting but flying) story from WW2 about a seriously smashed up B-17 crew being let off the hook by an ME 109 pilot, and how the two pilots met up 50 years later for an amber nectar reunion . . .

Bit about a Thruster there too ( Didn't know they still made those. . . . ! )

The new Rotax super engine -(apparently building begins in late 2017 ) sound interesting, if you need full power right up to 15,000 ft,. . . . .and max alt 23,000 then this could be the engine for YOU ( if you have a wallet of such a size that you'd need a hang glider to jump off it ) 135 HP 915 iS . . . . reserve yours now !

Main site : microlightflying.org.uk/enews then choose what month you wanna look at.

Phil :-)

Hi Phil, thanks for sharing. That is an amazing story. Here is the direct youtube links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzpENdbOg0

They are well worth looking at.

Hi Phil, thanks for sharing. That is an amazing story. Here is the direct youtube links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzpENdbOg0

Thanks Sir,. . . . the SEPTEMBER /enews should be out now,. . . .have not looked yet as I've been away a lot and couldn't be bothered looking at the web in the motel rooms at night !

Sometimes, the "/enews " bit doesn't compute, but if you omit that from the link; you can look at any month on the main site anyway.

Cheers

Phil @ Sad Bad Rainy Whiney Miserably Cold UK.