Calm morning flight at Hedlow Airfieild Rockhampton

Howdy all,thought i would post this one taken at 1500 ft agl 6.00 am landed 6.45, in time to aviod the Queensland thumpers(turbulance]

Great airfield,has full accomodaion,fuel,friendly owners

• Like 5
  • Winner 1

Hi Fred Great video. I have heard about Hedlow over the years when I was gliding at Dixalea and all ways good reports. It must have been closed a number of years ago and reopened some time. Your video was great to see the lay of the land and approach tom the airstrip and hangars. I've flowen Mackay to Emu park twice each way on muy way to Old Station and Watts bridge this year and did not fkly over Headlow. I'll have to call in next time I'm down that way. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the next flight. Also was good to see abit of how you control an fly the PPC. Regards

Mike

Hi Fred Great video. I have heard about Hedlow over the years when I was gliding at Dixalea and all ways good reports. It must have been closed a number of years ago and reopened some time. Your video was great to see the lay of the land and approach tom the airstrip and hangars. I've flowen Mackay to Emu park twice each way on muy way to Old Station and Watts bridge this year and did not fkly over Headlow. I'll have to call in next time I'm down that way. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the next flight. Also was good to see abit of how you control an fly the PPC. RegardsMike

Thanks for that Mike

Nearly thought about giving it a miss that morning,as there was a bit of fog around,but with

some luck it lifted soon as the sun came up.If you want to do a fly in ,you would just need to call Judy on 0438789954

as prior approval is needed,and she will be more than happy to help you.Emu Park sure to be on my next list.Cheers