CASA EX25/18 Class 1 to Class 2 Medical

poteroo

I don’t understand the question? If you get a Class 1 medical then you also get a Class 2 with a later (normally) expiry date. So, just let the Class 1 expire and until then just state that you are exercising the privileges of your licence with the Class 2 medical.

I was one of those who renewed early this year when we knew the new rule was coming in but no idea when in 2019. As it turned out I had just completed my Class 1 tests so when CASA suddenly announced the new rule would take effect a week later I simply asked my DAME to withdraw my application for a Class 1 and proceed with just the Class 2.

I don’t understand the question? If you get a Class 1 medical then you also get a Class 2 with a later (normally) expiry date. So, just let the Class 1 expire and until then just state that you are exercising the privileges of your licence with the Class 2 medical

In my case, have not completed the cardio section of Class 1 because of a hitch which is being rectified. Everything else in the renewals list has been completed successfully. Upon reflection, I really couldn't see the need to hold a Class 1 as I no longer bother with scenic or charter work - just instruction. What concerns me is that, where ones' records carry forward some issues in regards to the 'Special Requirements' listed for Class 1 renewal - will these have any adverse effect on the DAME, (or CASA, excepting for psychosis, dementia or epilepsy), allowing the issue of Class 2 medical?