CASA Update How we are helping you - exemptions being put in place 24/3/20

Mewp

NO doubt they won't do anything about the 95-10 wing load rule, that stopped builders registering their HummelBird planes.

You've been going on about this for yonks. What exactly is the wing loading of a Hummelbird?

• Haha 1

O M E

Under the old AUF, HummelBird aircraft fitted all the known rules for 95-10 registration.

August 1992 registration number 1103 was allocated to my HummelBird, fees payed.

The new RAA Introduced further (unknown to the 18 present builder's, ( wing,Load,Rule ,( about 2005 or 2006)).

Flying aircraft were deemed "Grandfathered" to continue as registered flying aircraft.

All the others, even registered, were to be removed from the 95-10 registration, my registration disappeared from that list of registered aircraft ( 95-10-1103 ).

We, the builders were not notified about any dates to do our test flight, or we too would have been " grandfathered ".

We as per bureaucracy were trying to gain our flight Certificate. before test flying.

Now they Bureaucracy of RAA, want us to pay again for a different ( 95-19 ) registration category.

I have no inclination to be trying to fit a 95-10 registered aircraft into a 95-19 category, as it seems the same aircraft will also fit the VH experimental category without a weight worry !.

Hope this clears up my Big Gripe'

spacesailor

• Like 1

I can see how you have been screwed, but as a matter of interest, what exactly is the wing loading of the H-bird. The present 95-10 rule says 30 kg. m^2 at MTOW. That's 6 pounds per sq foot.

Are you saying raa will accept a 19 cat application supported by the build log and verification being available, an inspection by L4 and a fee. If so what is the fee today and I take it you quarantined a registered number whilst building.

The new RAA Introduced further (unknown to the 18 present builder's, ( wing,Load,Rule ,( about 2005 or 2006)).

Actually you are out by about 10 years, the current 95.10 wing loading has been in effect at least since 1996.

I can see how you have been screwed, but as a matter of interest, what exactly is the wing loading of the H-bird. The present 95-10 rule says 30 kg. m^2 at MTOW. That's 6 pounds per sq foot.

The Hummels only have around 7 square metres of wing which won't cut it at 300kg and it would be hard to have a MTOW much less.

The Hummel would be easily registered under 95.55 and this has been pointed out by many over the years, but for some reason this is unacceptable to SS.

• Informative 1
  • Winner 2

• 2 weeks later...

You should be able to transfer the build from 10 class to 19 class with little effort, save for the RAAus fees, which are a rort, but hey, welcome to the 'making a profit' recreational aviation company, and continue building 19-1103.

• Agree 1