Classifieds are BACK

Admin

I have created to basic solution for Aviation Classifieds which can be accessed from the main side menu. It is basically a forum for you to add threads for any items that you wish to label with a prefix as For Sale, Wanted, Exchange or Free. When creating a thread you will need to select a Prefix, enter a price and a general Location.

When you no longer want the listing to be active you can edit the thread and change the Prefix to Closed as I have enabled unlimited editing time with Classifieds

When you first create your Classified entry it will come up as an entry in the Whats New page and any user including unregistered users can view your Classified by clicking Classifieds in the main side menu. I will also create some widgets to have around the site to show some listings.

Classifieds here on Recreational Flying (.com) ARE FREE TO LIST

• Like 1

I have today developed the Classifieds with a Landing Page and now there are also categories.

There is now a category for Commercial Listings in the Classifieds with a dedicated Suppliers category so don't forget to tell your suppliers to create a listing in there (no conflicts with Clear Prop though...please)

The whole Classifieds section will be further developed into a great looking powerful and complete Classifieds System that are completely FREE for you to add your listing

Personally I think Commercial advertisers should incur a charge for their Ads. After all they are in business and it is a tax deductable expense.

I agree however there isn't any way in the software to do that at this point. Some time down the track I will look at finding some way to do it, say a $10 a month fee but at t5his point I want to have suppliers listed to help the site users to have a resource available to them if they need it

• Like 1

The new Classifieds system is progressing really well and looking good...have you checked them out? I still have to create a great looking page for the actual classified listing which I am currently trying to create...hope you like them and offer any advice that you think would enhance them...thanks