Canberra Flyers

Hello Everyone,

I just moved to Canberra for a few months for work (Yes it is cold) I was wondering if there is anyone on the forums from around here? Also where is all the Rec flying taking place? If we get a few responses would be good to catch up for a drink at some point.

Cheers

Adam.

Guest airsick

I fly from Canberra but most of the flying seems to happen from Goulburn or Cooma as far as RA stuff goes. Would be good to catch up for a drink. Some time. PM me if your interested.

Hi Adam. I'd love to catch up. Several flyers, including a few from this forum, catch up 6pm Mondays at the Weston Creek Rugby Club. Work has prevented me making the last 3 and will probably get in the way again tomorrow, but Methuselah and Wannabigaplane should be there.

Otherwise, catch up sometime. You might even want to come out for some aerial cheetahing sometime.

Cheers,

Ross

I'm in Canberra too. If you just wanna chat about flying the Canberra Aero Club has drinks on a Friday afternoon, but they're pretty much all GA. Like Airsick said, Goulburn and Cooma for RAAus or you might think about Moruya on the south coast just past Bateman's Bay.

And thanks for the tip about Weston, Ross. I didn't know about that .... might have to drop in some time.

Bob

I'm also in Canberra, and head up to Goulburn for RA-Aus flying fairly regularly. I didn't know about the monday drinkies - things you learn. I'll try and make it along sometime (unfortunatly I'm otherwise accounted for tonight).

Goulburn's next BBQ is on the 3rd of May if you'd like to join us there - I'll even give you a lift up, assuming you don't mind travelling in a dodgy old ford laser and hanging around for most of the day (I've got a flight booked and there will probably be a flying club meeting too). Everybody else is welcome too, though it might end up being a bit of a squash in the laser...

I believe there is a fair bit of recreational flying happening out of polo flat in cooma too, though I don't know anybody who flys there. Tumut and Moruya also seem to be fairly popular, though they are a little further out.

Guest airsick

I didn't know about the drinks either. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif Like sain I am also busy tonight but I might try and make it along some other night (assuming the invitation extends as far as me that is. :))

I'm up in Goulburn also and would like to echo sain in saying you're welcome at our BBQ on the 3rd. Any other date also for that matter! Most flying seems to take place up here on Saturday and Sunday - if you get a good day there's plenty of people out and about. We're sometimes a little cramped in the Goulburn Aviation offices but it's cosy & warm. We're working towards getting ourselves a clubhouse again after Council sold our last one...

The Polo Flat guys are pretty active also from what I hear although I haven't been down there yet myself.

Thanks everyone for the info. It all sounds like it happens a bit out of town but I will have to venture out at some stage and have a look. Thank you for the invitations I'm not exactly sure what works planning for me at the moment but I will be in contact when things firm up a bit.

It sounds like everyone is keen for an unofficial meeting of the Rec flying forum somewhere in Canberra. Mid week would probably suit me better (and it leaves weekends for flying!) So any suggestions for a date, time and a place are welcome.

I'm currently living in Kingstone but do have access to a car some nights so I can travel.

Adam.

We can do that. I did make it last night and confirmed that everyone is welcome to our current beer o'clock regular. The more flyers the better.

So everyone is invited next Monday at 6pm. The Weston Club, 1 Liardet St, Weston Creek. Go in the main entrance and look for the ugly misfits. Then avoid them and come join us:laugh:

Cheers,

Ross