Does Anyone have the contact for Ingelara Airport (Carnarvon Grge)?

HI..have heard it was closed. Just wanted to check or if anyone has the contact for the airport il ask.

Thanks.

07 four nine 8 four 45 six one or change 61 to 54

I think it may be a stretch calling Ingelara an "airport". It appears to be only a grass strip and part of Ingelara Cattle Farm. The farm address is O'Briens Road, Rewan, QLD 4702.

The farm is run by Stuart and Cheree Ogg, look up "S.K. Ogg" under Residential in the White pages. Thruster has provided the correct number.

Been years since I was there as a local. They were a bit cheesed off with people thinking it was a public strip for Carnarvon Gorge National Park and slapped a big landing fee on them. Fair enough, they maintained it for the Flying Doctor (retrieving injured tourists ...) and their own use. They have to insure it for these uses.

Google has errors in road names - It is Carnarvon Gorge road, not O'Briens or Wyseby (don't know how they came about). There is an airstrip closer at Bandana Station, down Bandana Road, off Carnarvon Gorge Rd, but looking at the satellite image on Google Maps, it is looking a little overgrown. They operate a tourist attraction there and may welcome fly-in visitors.

Let us know how it turns out, as I have not been there in years and may be way out of date. I worked on the roads there for the local Council (there's a camp at Ingalala) and did some flood damage work.

OKay will do. Was there a couple of years ago. They were okay as long as they were contacted so they could pass on the cattle in the paddock situation and paid a landing fee which was quite reasonable. Good strip when i was there.