EQ1 Headset Manufacturer

I have a pair of EQ1 headsets and was wanting to get in touch with the manufacturer. It was previously manufactured/distributed by microlight.com.au (I think).. Have they gone bust? Have they sold the rights to Lightspeed (I notice they have a wireless headset now)?

@gareth lacey - yes - I bought them direct from the company. I have searched the internet - the site - microlight.com.au doesn't exist and the last FB post (I joined just to be able to see it) was from 2017 or 2018... I take it there has been nothing in the local press over the last couple of years?

hi

to the person requiring services to an EQ-1 Wireless headset send e-mail to the e-mail below phone contact very unreliable you should get a response in a short time [email protected]

gary the original distributor has sadly passed away & this guy now provides the service

i`ve required some repairs in the recent past & on both occasions i was able to get my head sets serviced

hope this helps lyle

• Like 2

hi

to the person requiring services to an EQ-1 Wireless headset send e-mail to the e-mail below phone contact very unreliable you should get a response in a short time [email protected]

gary the original distributor has sadly passed away & this guy now provides the service

i`ve required some repairs in the recent past & on both occasions i was able to get my head sets serviced

hope this helps lyle

Correction to above.

Gordon Marshall, marketing and distributor passed away.

Gary, the inventor of the wireless technology and EQ1 Product is contactable on [email protected]

Cheers.

Andrew.

• Informative 1

Gordon Marshall was great to do business with. Early on I asked him for another contact should it be required. He said " YES BUT YOU WON'T ENJOY IT". We had a problem, made the contact (farm) sent the units back with details, and waited. The units were returned to the best of my belief packed as sent with ZERO comment and no different. Gordon Marshal was not wrong.

• Agree 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Jerry

I have the EQ1 system on my trike. The passenger headset has died and I can't find anyone to fix it. have you still got yours and do you want to sell them?

Regards

Noel Davies

hi

it seems the batteries fail 1st  i dont seem to have any other issues apart from battery  issues 

they are an easy swap for anyone that is electronically -mined  handy with a soldering iron 

HI All

as there seems to be a group of us who have EQ-1 headsets  with no ongoing support apparently .  we perhaps should backtrack to find why the sale of business  means that the current owner  would not be interested in keeping this excellent product supported & selling more of them . it is not as though they were cheap chinese knock-off`s when they were being made & marketed by great people & companies 

where do we start in the search ???

No sound at all. When you press the button to turn it on there is no recognition signal/sound. I gave it to a couple of retired mates who have some avionic experience, but they didn't have the equipment to chase it further. It is now with my guitar luthier who is a retired RAAF avionics tech (he does mainly guitar amps now) he said he will try to look at it this week

Regards

Noel

Ps. Thankyou for your interest and do you have any suggestions as to where I could advertise for a second hand unit. (or a whole system)

Sounds like a very simple fault to me. (but I have electronics in low earth orbit, so headsets are simple- although  they are annoyingly  fiddly to diassemble and reassemble) .

but this one sounds like a simple fault in the separate electronics box.

I'd suggest the usual suspects- Australian aviation buy swap and sell

https://www.facebook.com/groups/796324257055294

Edited by RFguy

• 1 month later...
On 11/07/2022 at 4:47 AM, Noel Davies said:

Hi Jerry

I have the EQ1 system on my trike. The passenger headset has died and I can't find anyone to fix it. have you still got yours and do you want to sell them?

Regards

Noel Davies

Hi Noel,

Just saw this.. I do still have it.. and when flying, still use it.. Not for sale just yet, anyway.

Lance (Jerry's just my pseudonym)

Edited by Jerry_Atrick