I'm trying out General Aviation now! Cessna 172 Skyhawk... and my first landings

I'm trying out General Aviation now! Cessna 172 Skyhawk... and my first landings

I put about 3 hours in General Aviation about 15 months ago... and I decided to try it out again at the Kingston Flying Club with highly qualified FI, Kais ... Great fun . The 172 Cessna flyings with alot more weight and authority than the Advanced Ultralight.

I've landed this Cessna about 5 times today!! I can die happy !!

• Like 1

I'd try to do a few more flying things before you die if I were you.. The C-172 would have to be one of the easiest planes to fly, made, but all planes are planes and behave much the same, basically. The C 172 is a different puppy when fully loaded.. and some planes have less control feel and effect than others. You can get away without using the rudder much on a plane like this so keep "feet active" flying even though it's hardly needed. Enjoy it while you can. Nev

• Like 1

Good training for a heavy goods drivers licence. I used to like them until I flew something a bit more responsive. Now I find them heavy and sluggish,, but they are a great GA plane.

Love the 172, they are easy to fly, could be the reason 44,000 have been sold. I wanted a 172 but saw a musketeer close to home for about half the money, we have been in a stable relationship for 23 years now.

Just reading thru the accidents and incidents reports on RAA many pilots would probably find more enjoyment in a 172. If you can fly an accurate circuit, approach, hit the spot and make the first turn off it's still very enjoyable

Astroguy do what makes you happy, I will have a beer with you even if you only fly a 172.

'All that is said about a 172 is true of a PA-28. Other than the wings being in the wrong place so you can see bugger all below,. . .like where you are '.

There ya go PM. . .Fixed it for ya. ( ! ) :-)

I LOVE the PA-28R200, BUT. . .if I'm flying somewhere scenic, ( ie, VFR) I Always opt for C-182 or 210,. .so that the Pax can take pictures of what we're flying over !

Love the 172, which used to be the Most flown aircraft type in the world,. . until it was beaten by the Bell Jetranger. . .( That's rather like comparing coconuts to bananas )

Like flying a Bus. . .lovely, comfortable thing to fly, does what it says in the book,. . . but with the caveats already mentioned hereinabove by those worthies far above my experience level. .

The C-182 is far better as the 172 is really only a 3 seater power wise. Naturally they are more expensive particularly of you go Retract and that system is like nothing else. you have ever seen.. Corrosion is the enemy of those plane s including the later Pipers, but they have gone far longer than ever expected and many sit out in the weather.. Buy any of them with care. Nev

• Agree 1