FAA registers my new Aeroprakt A22LS

Guest SrPilot

Guest SrPilot

I am pleased to announce that the FAA has delivered the registration papers for my new A22LS. The aircraft arrived in the U.S. on 8 September; the Registration arrived on 5 November 5. Inspection, which could not take place prior to registration, will be completed on 10 November. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

The newest U.S. A22LS will be sport the registration number N322LS. It is yellow, with a Y-stick, MGL Explorer iEFIS, etc.

I would pass out cigars, but most of you people are well out of reach. 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SrPilot
Having a smoke now to help celebrate...congrats mate and like to keep hearing more

Thanks. I may write a report on the trials and tribulations of getting an A22LS followed by some reports on transitioning from a Nanchang CJ6A to an A22LS (or the longer version - transitioning from an RV3A to a GlaStar to a CJ6A to an A22LS). 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

Right now, I have shifted from getting the puppy to getting this ole dog ready to fly it. Seems the FAA requires a biennial flight review and I let mine expire while I was going through the purchase and delivery process. Now I get to go up with a CFI to complete my BFR (and he plans to do it in his Cessna 150 - which I owned probably 25-30 years ago!) 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

Guest SrPilot
Is this your new A22?[ATTACH=full]39293[/ATTACH] We want a less blurry picture of your aircraft 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif.

Well, no, but that's my picture on her t-shirt. augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Guest SrPilot
I am pleased to announce that the FAA has delivered the registration papers for my new A22LS. The aircraft arrived in the U.S. on 8 September; the Registration arrived on 5 November 5. Inspection, which could not take place prior to registration, will be completed on 10 November. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gifThe newest U.S. A22LS will be sport the registration number N322LS. It is yellow, with a Y-stick, MGL Explorer iEFIS, etc.

I would pass out cigars, but most of you people are well out of reach. 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Guest SrPilot
I am pleased to announce that the FAA has delivered the registration papers for my new A22LS. The aircraft arrived in the U.S. on 8 September; the Registration arrived on 5 November 5. Inspection, which could not take place prior to registration, will be completed on 10 November. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif . . . . I would pass out cigars, but most of you people are well out of reach. 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Okay, I'll admit it. I was a mite giddy after receiving my registration papers so I advanced the idea that the aircraft would be inspected on 10 Nov. as they promised. How silly of me. But (!) after two cancelled appointments to inspect the airplane, the inspector showed up today, did his duty, and the little buggar is a fully registered and certified aircraft with all the rights and privileges accorded thereto thereby, or something like that. Hey, the baby can fly . . . solo. Because we registered it E-LSA instead of S-LSA, the FAA is requiring 10 hours of solo "test flights" which means that we must fly without passengers (or even "2d pilots") for the initial 10 hours. I will not mention it to them that my practice with a new airplane - any airplane new to me, whether new or used - is to fly it about 10-20 hours until I am satisfied that it is safe and I am safe with it. Only then does a passenger come aboard and only then after I convince myself that she will comply with my rules: "get in, buckle in, shut up, and enjoy the flight." (or something like that.

I would shout a beer for all of you, but once again, you're too far away. Tip a beer to the newest U.S. of A. Aeroprakt A22LS (a/k/a Foxbat in Australia and much of the civilized world except the U.S.) next time you're indulging. If I happen in while you're doing so, I'll spring for the tab (limit one, please; there are a lot of you and I'm saving my coins to buy ethanol-free auto fuel for the Rotax). 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Only then does a passenger come aboard and only then after I convince myself that she will comply with my rules: "get in, buckle in, shut up, and enjoy the flight." (or something like that.I would shout a beer for all of you, but once again, you're too far away. Tip a beer to the newest U.S. of A. Aeroprakt A22LS (a/k/a Foxbat in Australia )080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Guest SrPilot
Fantastic news: when will be your first flight?

Hi 80k. I am now awaiting delivery. Everything is ready to go, but the delivery for today didn't work out. Looks like early next week. I will announce that proud moment. It's been a while coming. Thanks for asking.

Hi 80k. I am now awaiting delivery. Everything is ready to go, but the delivery for today didn't work out. Looks like early next week. I will announce that proud moment. It's been a while coming. Thanks for asking.

It looks as if your patience is being tested here! ah_oh.gif.cb6948bbe4a506008010cb63d6bb3c47.gif

Guest SrPilot
It looks as if your patience is being tested here! ah_oh.gif.cb6948bbe4a506008010cb63d6bb3c47.gif

Well, this 7-day delay had an understandable basis (although I sure would have liked to have the baby in the hangar prior to my birthday this Thursday (Thanksgiving Day, up here). I could have gone to the airport several days this week. It's CAVU here. No reason not to fly if you have a cape or an airplane.

But I still haven't comprehended the 10 weeks or thereabouts of paperwork and inspection delays. That wasn't on us (but we were paying the price in more ways than one).

I did my BFR last weekend in 36 C heat and a gusty easterly in my FB. After 8 weeks with no flying prior I can't pretend it was very elegant but did pass and was a joy to back in the air, albeit a bit lumpy air

Well, this 7-day delay had an understandable basis (although I sure would have liked to have the baby in the hangar prior to my birthday this Thursday (Thanksgiving Day, up here). I could have gone to the airport several days this week. It's CAVU here. No reason not to fly if you have a cape or an airplane.But I still haven't comprehended the 10 weeks or thereabouts of paperwork and inspection delays. That wasn't on us (but we were paying the price in more ways than one).

Dust off the cape, SrPilot! (The "Sr" must stand for "Super"... unless it's "Sister", in which case you could be the Flying Nun...)

• Like 1