Foxbat going broke ? - -rumour busted.

dazza 38

Hi all, I have heard from a reliable source that the manufacturer has gone broke and another company has taken over making parts for existing owners, I googled it but I couldn't find anything on the subject. It could be just a rumour.

Has anybody heard anything ?

Silver wing on this forum is the Aussie importer, he'd know if anyone wouldMatty

I was going to send Peter a PM, but I didn't want to bother him since I don't own or fly a Foxbat . So I posted this thread instead. Maybe he will read it.

I'm away in Europe at the moment - including a visit to the Aeroprakt factory in early September.

This rumour is complete rubbish and whoever started it should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe the fact that there's nothing on the internet should have rung a few warning bells. Duh. Or maybe it's just a competitor....

I currently have 6 aircraft in the process of manufacture and delivery and the factory continues to supply spares promptly.

The 'Ukrainian war' is almost 1,000 kms to the east of the Factory location near Kiev. They have been unaffected by hostilities.

Maybe a call or email to me would have cleared things up immediately - but maybe this wasn't the intention?

Peter at Foxbat Australia

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 2

The 'Ukrainian war' is almost 1,000 kms to the east of the Factory location near Kiev. They have been unaffected by hostilities.

Great to hear Peter, not that there's a war anywhere of course, but that you are well away from it, watch out for drunk Russians mistaking you for a Yank though and taking a swing!

Thank's clearing that up Peter. I only asked the question and I also mentioned in my original post that it was probably only a rumour. But when I heard it from two different sources, I thought I would ask here and just because I didn't find anything on the net doesn't mean it hasn't happened . And why would I ring or email you, I don't even own or fly a Foxbat. It was easier to ask on here.

DLW- you are on my ignore list and the only reason I saw your post was because I wasn't logged on when I first logged in with my Iphone instead of my Ipad which I normally use. So don't bother directing any of your posts towards me.

• Like 1

Dazza,

I think putting it out here was a good idea, your QUESTION has been answered and instead of the Rep answering numerous emails, it is here for others to see if that rumour gets to them.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1

Thank you Cosmick, I could have worded it better. I have sent Peter a PM with a explanation. I heard the rumour from 2 people who live in a southern state and the rumour has been around for a few weeks and I know that potentially a 100 or so pilots have knowledge of the rumour. So I thought it was better to put it out there than just ask Peter by phone. The reason is that he could have set me straight but then a lot of other people would go on their merry way thinking that the rumour was true. Then it spreads like wild fire. This is the biggest forum to get the correct information out there. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Helpful 1

The reliable source Dazza mentioned appears to be malicious, and with a current order flow has the potential for financial harm, and its consequences, on an open forum.

The heading and thread are inappropriate and should be deleted and an apology made.

• Agree 3
  • Caution 1

Trouble is Tubs, is that the rumour has been out there for weeks and if this thread is deleted, then the rumour keeps spreading. Isn't it better that the truth is now out there that the factory is not broke? Rumours with false information spread very quickly but the truth can spread just as fast to knock the original rumour on the head . I have explained to Peter what I have heard and apologised via a PM. My whole original post was asking a question I in no way condoned the rumour or have spread the rumour.

• Agree 4

Sounds good Steve , at the end of the day, maybe its best if this thread is deleted or the heading changed but in its place a notice or something is posted saying that there is a rumour going around that is incorrect and that Aeroprakt has not gone under .

I didn't mention any names but I explained to Peter where I heard the rumour from and that already potentially a lot of pilots would have read the rumour. So we can knock this on the head but the potential damage could still happen due to the incorrect information being spread. Maybe the RAA Website can put up a notice now and then print a notice.

PS- recreational flying was not involved what so ever in what I heard.

Maybe the moderators should change the title to "Foxbat never was going broke!"

Title altered

..... I don't see old loves posts, she is on my ignore list.

It was something about wanting to meet you and jump your bones I think Dazza... kiss.gif.b85e4cbf93c012b498aab8fe7d5a5fe6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Informative 1

It was something about wanting to meet you and jump your bones I think Dazza... kiss.gif.b85e4cbf93c012b498aab8fe7d5a5fe6.gif

It is a pity that Daz and DLW don't put their differences aside and combine against the common enemy - NSW. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type stuff. They would be a powerful combination.

It is a pity that Daz and DLW don't put their differences aside and combine against the common enemy - NSW. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type stuff. They would be a powerful combination.

Deb and I are really into each other but the trouble is, we don't know it yet. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Like 2