Recreationalflying.net Photo Calender competition. Add entries here

Tomo

Post your pride and joy here, Ensure you have a full size high quality version to email, if you win. Judging dates to be advised.

Each winner will have their photo credits added somewhere on the calender.

Have fun!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was submitted to a photo comp here a while back. I reckon it would look good on a calender too.......

[ATTACH]11617.vB[/ATTACH]

Sportstar over a sandbank in the Great Sandy Straights between Hervey Bay and Fraser Island. I have a really high res copy of this available that I already have had blown up to poster size.

IMG_8619.thumb.JPG.83ad01cbd9599a1dc4ea03167a7d5ac0.JPG

Guest Escadrille

Philthy ,both of these are phabulous...:-0

I love the flying CT4 (did my aero endorsement in one) and the DH82,

Andy

Here's a few

[ATTACH]11679.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11678.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11677.vB[/ATTACH]

Can't figure out how to make them bigger in this post, so thumbnails will have to do.

rgmwa

PS: Ah, double clicking works

IMGP3739Crop1SnEW.thumb.jpg.5b46b80e98014c0bd1964e802c56c1ff.jpg

IMGP3665Crop.thumb.jpg.40a390bb8c457cf8a25f29d1e2d6c54b.jpg

imgp0861Crop.thumb.jpg.14aaeaa38d0daf757a93c8c40c81857c.jpg

Hi Gnome,

I think that's the Langely Park fly in. Langley Park is in Perth and is where the Red Bull Air Race aircraft takeoff, not an active airstrip but just for special occasions.

My two are attached, nothing special but I thought they were ok photos :big_grin:

Both photos taken by me - when I attached them it appeared to lower the quality so I uploaded it elsewhere and attached.

-Andrew

• Like 1

Stinson and Langley Park

What's the story with that centre photo? Not often you see a plane taxiing next to what looks like major roads.

Gnome,

As sseeker said, the centre photo was take at Langley Park in Perth during a fly-in organised late last year to commemorate the life of Nancy Bird-Walton. It's a beautifully restored 1935 Stinson coming in to land. Langley Park is on the north bank of the Swan River, just in front of the city buildings, and it's a spectacular location for an airstrip. It's only used on special occasions these days, and is where the Red Bull aircraft take off from (or did, until they decided to cancel the event for the time being).

It's also where Sir Norman Brearley based his aircraft when he started the first commercial air service operating from the Perth in the early 20's. Kingsford Smith was one of his pilots for a time, until he got the sack for being too unreliable.

rgmwa

Hmmm... Clearly I'm going to have to come over to Perth one of these days. Anywhere that can manage an airstrip in such a beautiful location (even if it isn't used much) has to be a bit special! :)

G'day all

some nice shots there

Here are a couple of happy snaps and attempts from me.

this is the run into Watts bridge Airfield for our initial and pitch

And if I may a small tribute shot of John Mortimer enjoying his Fisher Classic at Clifton airfield (QLD) who passed on late last year.

Regards

Scott

• 2 weeks later...