Gazelle Key Wanted

peterg

Hi Peter,

When I (part)owned a Gazelle and wanted a spare key I just made one myself. It is very easy to copy the shape of the forked one from a piece of scrap metal.

Cheers,

Neil

Thank you for your response - yes you are right, easy to do but me and my friends aren't that skilled in creating the aesthetic version hence the request. Will try Hella

Go to a metal fabricator or steel supplier who has a laser cutter, and they will cut one for you, with incredible accuracy, as long as you supply an original. You can select the material used, and stainless steel is ideal.

• 2 years later...

I know this post is a bit old, but, isn’t this just an on/off switch? Could be replaced with a simple switch (guarded type preferably) or a switch that has a key? Or am I speaking with “forked tongue”? (I tried....)

Edited by F10
  • Haha 1

Part of the security conditions when the ASIC came out was to mandate some form of stopping people flying away in your plane. THAT could be what is being referred to. As I recall there are two open switches close together. (not guarded) It's not unknown to accidently knock one off (NO pun Intended). Nev