Scottish Aviation Bulldog

Steve L

Hi DJP excellent info on aeros as usual, you mentioned the Beagle Pup with only a 4.5 G limit, is that manufactures limit or CASA's category limit. The reason I ask is I have just imported a Bulldog

from the UK which I wish to do aerobatics in. The Bulldog is 6 Gs I believe and wish I to place it in a category to cover this. This will be the responsibility of engineer who's assembling and certifying it I

guess. Have you had any time in a Bulldog, most here in Australia havent heard of one let alone flown one, so I guess finding an instructor would be near impossible. Any books or dvd's that I could obtain regarding this type or similar low wing aerobatic aircraft would be much appreciated.

kind regards

Steve

Steve, I moved your post to a new thread - the Bulldog is an orphan here but I'm sure many will like it. I can only claim to have seen a Bulldog and I'll never forget the spirited aerobatic display at Old Warden many years ago.

Yes, I am pretty sure it has a 6g limit unlike the Pup.

Are you aware of the technical support available from DH Support at http://www.dhsupport.com/ ? Local Tiger Moth and Chipmunk owners would be familiar with them.

The Zlin is a very nice aircraft indeed, I'm already in contact with dhsupport because they have, and still will, continue to calculate the fatigue meter readings, among other things. Was hoping to find an instructor here who knows the Bulldog. Alternately U.K. have flight schools who specialize in Bulldog aeros. That maybe my only avenue but the travel expense and time may make it too costly.

hopefully someone here might pick up on it or know someone who is familiar with the Bulldog.

Steve