Hello world

coolair

Retired electrical engineer living in Golden, Colorado. Have many flying hours but never flown an owner built airplane. Expect delivery of a Savannah VG-wide kit in January 2009. I plan to optimized for short-rough fields. Cruise speed will not be important. I have a Cessna T210 for speedy trips. Welcome suggestions to improve short field performance. I already know about using long propellers. The kit comes with a Rotax 912 100hp engine and a three bladed Kiev prop. I do not plan to use a different engine.

Thanks,

Tony

Welcome Tony a fello by the call sign of Redair on this forum is building a Savanah he may have some ideas, he is in South Australia

What does the 210 cruise at and I figure T means it is Turbo? is it pressurised as well ? Hope to get over to Oshkosh this year! See what happens, don't even have a passport yet !

Cheers Guy

Savannah for short fields - T210 for speed

Guy

Thanks for the response. Yes, the "T" means turbo. I live at 2225 m elevation (7300 ft), thus the turbo. The T210 cruises around 175 kts. Mine is not pressurized. I will be happy with my Savannah if it cruises at only 50 kts as long as it can take off in 100m (300 feet) at 2500m (8000 feet). Good luck on your trip to Oshkosh.

Tony