Here we go again

Back in March I sat my pre RPC in a tecnam P92 and that was it. The ability to fly in that aircraft at the flight school had become scarce due to all manner of bad luck just 4 hours in 7 months far from ideal. I switched flight schools which ment changing planes and ways they liked doing things. Only just now some 10 hours later am i about to re sit the rpc Pre Test again in a sportstar.

Having to learn the sportstar after coming from a p92 was like learning to fly all over again major setback high wing vs low wing etc etc.

Going from 1 CFI/Instructor to 5 instructors major issue as they all want to see where your at if you havnt flown with them for a while.

Changing airfields from one with no deadside due to meat bombs to one with 5 runways major confusion.

Used to flying with maybe 2 aircraft in the curcit if lucky air to one with 5+ at anyone time.

This new challenges keep coming and i love it.

But in the end it was the best choice i have made even though added a lot more cost to training.

The chalengesl i have face in switching has made me a better pilot.

I now see that i would have struggled and possilby caused havock at an airfiled like aldinga on a rpc with have only ever experianced a very quite airfiled like goolwa where i started and only ever experienced.

The different instructors are a good thing to at the end of a day as they all have somthing that is gold in the way of helping you learn to fly better. I used to have a bad downwind setup that worked but made for a inconsistant base and final. Now after a few changes thanks to advice on how better my transitions at the end of downwind to base are gold/smooth and set me up for a sweet glide on to finals with out wondering why my hight and speed is always all over the place this is somthing i would never have got with out different instructors.

I also now have hours in p92 and sportstar giving me more choice in hiring to fly in the future.

Wish me luck for the rpc.

Cookie

• Like 1
  • More 1

it's difficult sometimes "pleasing" different instructors if they have particular idiosynchrasies. You just have to roll with it sometimes . Even an instructor checking an instructor can have some difference of opinion. You don't want too much of this sort of individualism thing. ALL experience is experience though some can be conflicting.. Keep your cool at all times and show what you can do. Underconfidence is as bad as overconfidence, in it's effect in distorting how you perform. You need enough to be able to show your best.. Don't put up with rudeness. You are paying and don't have to take that.

Flying for long periods by your self can see a few bad habits creeping in that you just might not notice or be aware of. The Dual (Not DUEL) is a time to get those issues corrected.. Treat it as an opportunity rather than a "requirement".. There's always more skills to learn if you want to or serious revision. For your BFR arrange to say, revise crosswind techniques and do the BFR at the same time. or any other area you might choose to hone up on. Good luck on the RPC. Glad you posted that material for others to peruse. Nev

• Agree 1

Once you have your RPC, you can legally fly any aircraft of that type (3-axis, PP, or weight shift) with the endorsements listed on your certificate. In saying that, I would never recommend just jumping in an unfamiliar aircraft without having an instructor in the other seat. Or at least thoroughly reading the POH and talking with a pilot who knows the aircraft first. High wing/low wing have no particular endorsement, but I do understand they perform very differently, so best to have an instructor in with you until you get it.

Read the "Type Training" RAAP on the RAAus website. It's very informative on this subject.

Many flight schools often require having an instructor in a new plane with you until they are confident enough to hire it out to you.